The projects in our group typically involve transition metal or main group organometallic chemistry but are diverse and cover a wide variety of synthetic and mechanistic work. The ideal-case research scheme consists of: 1) discovery of a new reaction or a structural environment; 2) demonstration of unusual reactivity, structural, or electronic novelty; 3) application of these findings to develop a new catalytic process. The training of students in our group is not built around a narrow research theme but instead aims to help students mature into problem-solving practicing synthetic chemists through exposure to diverse research experiences.
- Lai, Q., & Ozerov, O. V. (2021). Dehydrogenative Diboration of Alkynes Catalyzed by Ir/CO/tBuNC System. Journal of Organometallic Chemistry. 931, 121614-121614.
- Hung, M., Press, L. P., Bhuvanesh, N., & Ozerov, O. V. (2021). Examination of a Series of Ir and Rh PXL Pincer Complexes as (Pre)catalysts for Aromatic C–H Borylation. Organometallics. 40(7), 1004-1013.
- Lai, Q., Bhuvanesh, N., Zhou, J., & Ozerov, O. V. (2021). Formation of an Ag→Al dative bond is avoided in reactions of an alane/tris(phosphine) ligand with monovalent silver. Dalton Transactions. 50(17), 5776-5778.
- Gunther, S. O., Kosanovich, A. J., Cao, Y., Bhuvanesh, N., & Ozerov, O. V. (2021). Nucleopincers? Rhodium Complexes of Pyrimidine‐centered PNP Pincer Ligands Derived from Nitrogenous Nucleobases Uracil and Thymine. Zeitschrift fur Anorganische und Allgemeine Chemie. 647(14), 1421-1428.
- Lai, Q., Cosio, M. N., & Ozerov, O. V. (2020). Ni complexes of an alane/tris(phosphine) ligand built around a strongly Lewis acidic tris( N -pyrrolyl)aluminum. Chem Commun (Camb). 56(94), 14845-14848.
- Ozerov, O. V., Timpa, S. D., & Pell, C. J. (2014). Towards catalysis of coupling reactions by group 9 pincer complexes. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 248,
- McCulloch, B. J., Huacuja, R., MacInnis, M., Zhu, Y., & Ozerov, O. V. (2014). Application of carborane weakly-coordinating anions in organometallic synthesis, catalysis, and characterization. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 247,
- Press, L. P., McCulloch, B. J., Pell, C. J., & Ozerov, O. V. (2014). Application of new (PCP)-C-O-P-O, (PCS)-C-O-S-CH2 and (PCP)-C-O-P-CH2O pincer complexes of iridium for catalytic C-H bond functionalization. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 247,
- Ozerov, O. V., Timpa, S. D., & Pell, C. J. (2014). Aryl halide coupling reactions with pincer complexes of group 9 metals. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 247,
- Palit, C. M., & Ozerov, O. V. (2014). Binuclear pincer complexes of Pd and Ni: Catalysts for selective decomposition of HCOOH to CO2 and H-2. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 247,
- New Catalytic Chemistry Based On Borylation Of Alkynes awarded by National Science Foundation 2017 - 2020
- Pincer-ligated Catalysts for Borylation of Alkynes awarded by National Science Foundation 2013 - 2017
- Palit, Chandra Mouli (2016-08). Novel Pincer Complexes of Transition Metals for Reduction of Carbon Dioxide to Carbon Monoxide and Cross Coupling of Aryl Halides. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Press, Loren Paul (2016-08). High-Turnover C-H Borylation of Arenes with (POCOP) Iridium Complexes, The Synthesis of Group 9/10 (POCS) Complexes and the Study of Triflyloxy-Substituted Carboranes. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Demott, Jessica Carman (2015-12). Unsaturated Pt Pincer Complexes and Attempts toward the Isolation of a Methane ?-Complex. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Davidson, Jillian Jordan (2014-12). Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Pincer Ligands and Triarylaminium Oxidants. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Ramirez, Rodrigo (2014-12). Synthesis, Characterization and Reactivity of Electrophilic Organometallic Compounds of Ruthenium, Tantalum and Silicon. (Doctoral Dissertation)