The projects in our group typically involve transition metal or main group organometallic chemistry but are diverse and cover a wide variety of synthetic and mechanistic work. The ideal-case research scheme consists of: 1) discovery of a new reaction or a structural environment; 2) demonstration of unusual reactivity, structural, or electronic novelty; 3) application of these findings to develop a new catalytic process. The training of students in our group is not built around a narrow research theme but instead aims to help students mature into problem-solving practicing synthetic chemists through exposure to diverse research experiences.
- Foley, B. J., & Ozerov, O. V. (2020). Air- and Water-Tolerant (PNP)Ir Precatalyst for the Dehydrogenative Borylation of Terminal Alkynes. ORGANOMETALLICS. 39(13), 2352-2355.
- Foley, B. J., Palit, C. M., Bhuvanesh, N., Zhou, J., & Ozerov, O. V. (2020). Concerted aryl-sulfur reductive elimination from PNP pincer-supported Co( iii ) and subsequent Co( i )/Co( iii ) comproportionation. Chemical Science. 11(23), 6075-6084.
- Yu, C., Yang, X., Ji, X., Wang, C., Lai, Q., Bhuvanesh, N., & Ozerov, O. V. (2020). Redox Communication between Two Diarylamido/Bis(phosphine) (PNP)M Moieties Bridged by Ynediyl Linkers (M = Ni, Pd, Pt).. Inorganic Chemistry®.
- Pell, C. J., & Ozerov, O. V. (2020). Synthesis and Rh-catalyzed reductive cyclization of 1,6-enynes and 1,6-diynes containing alkynylboronate termini. Journal of Organometallic Chemistry. 912, 121143-121143.
- Cao, Y., Shih, W., & Ozerov, O. V. (2019). Addition of O-H, N-H, and F-H Bonds across a Boryl-Iridium Unit. ORGANOMETALLICS. 38(21), 4076-4081.
- McCulloch, B. J., Huacuja, R., MacInnis, M., Zhu, Y., & Ozerov, O. V. (2014). Application of carborane weakly-coordinating anions in organometallic synthesis, catalysis, and characterization. ACS Photonics. 247,
- Press, L. P., McCulloch, B. J., Pell, C. J., & Ozerov, O. V. (2014). Application of new (PCP)-C-O-P-O, (PCS)-C-O-S-CH2 and (PCP)-C-O-P-CH2O pincer complexes of iridium for catalytic C-H bond functionalization. ACS Photonics. 247,
- Ozerov, O. V., Timpa, S. D., & Pell, C. J. (2014). Aryl halide coupling reactions with pincer complexes of group 9 metals. ACS Photonics. 247,
- Palit, C. M., & Ozerov, O. V. (2014). Binuclear pincer complexes of Pd and Ni: Catalysts for selective decomposition of HCOOH to CO2 and H-2. ACS Photonics. 247,
- Ozerov, O. V., Lee, C., Zhou, J., Hirscher, N. A., Press, L. P., & Bhuvanesh, N. (2014). Borylation of C-H bonds with iridium pincer catalysts. ACS Photonics. 247,
- New Catalytic Chemistry Based On Borylation Of Alkynes awarded by National Science Foundation 2017 - 2020
- Pincer-ligated Catalysts for Borylation of Alkynes awarded by National Science Foundation 2013 - 2017
- Palit, Chandra Mouli (2016-08). Novel Pincer Complexes of Transition Metals for Reduction of Carbon Dioxide to Carbon Monoxide and Cross Coupling of Aryl Halides. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Press, Loren Paul (2016-08). High-Turnover C-H Borylation of Arenes with (POCOP) Iridium Complexes, The Synthesis of Group 9/10 (POCS) Complexes and the Study of Triflyloxy-Substituted Carboranes. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Demott, Jessica Carman (2015-12). Unsaturated Pt Pincer Complexes and Attempts toward the Isolation of a Methane σ-Complex. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Demott, Jessica Carman (2015-12). Unsaturated Pt Pincer Complexes and Attempts toward the Isolation of a Methane ?-Complex. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Davidson, Jillian Jordan (2014-12). Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Pincer Ligands and Triarylaminium Oxidants. (Doctoral Dissertation)