Our laboratory uses the mouse as an experimental genetic model to investigate factors that contribute to inter-individual differences in health and disease. Ourcurrent research activities include the identification and functional characterization of alleles contributing to cancer susceptibility, the function of theErbbgenefamily in development and disease, and the role of genetic variation in response to environmental stimuli. To support these investigations, we also aredeveloping new genetic tools to support mammalian systems genetic approaches to phenotypes with complex genetic and environmental etiologies.
- Case Western Reserve University - (Cleveland, Ohio, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1996
- Ph.D. in Genetics, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1989
- B.S. in Zoology, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1983
- Bissahoyo, A. C., Xie, Y., Yang, L., Pearsall, R. S., Lee, D., Elliott, R. W., ... Threadgill, D. W. (2020). A New Polygenic Model for Non-familial Colorectal Cancer Inheritance Based on the Genetic Architecture of the Azoxymethane-Induced Mouse Model. GENETICS. 214(3), genetics.302833.2019-702.
- Price, A., Okumura, A., Haddock, E., Feldmann, F., Meade-White, K., Sharma, P., ... Rasmussen, A. L. (2020). Transcriptional Correlates of Tolerance and Lethality in Mice Predict Ebola Virus Disease Patient Outcomes. CELL REPORTS. 30(6), 1702-1713.e6.
- Eldridge, R., Osorio, D., Amstalden, K., Edwards, C., Young, C. R., Cai, J. J., ... Brinkmeyer-Langford, C. (2020). Antecedent presentation of neurological phenotypes in the Collaborative Cross reveals four classes with complex sex-dependencies. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. 10(1), 7918.
- Sudweeks, J., Hollingsworth, B., Blondel, D. V., Campbell, K. J., Dhole, S., Eisemann, J. D., ... Lloyd, A. L. (2019). Locally Fixed Alleles: A method to localize gene drive to island populations. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. 9(1), 15821.
- Wang, P., Wang, Y., Langley, S. A., Zhou, Y., Jen, K., Sun, Q. i., ... Mao, J. (2019). Diverse tumour susceptibility in Collaborative Cross mice: identification of a new mouse model for human gastric tumourigenesis. GUT. 68(11), 1942-1952.
- Roberts, R. B., & Threadgill, D. W. (2005). THE MOUSE IN BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH. Eisen, E. J. (Eds.), The Mouse in Animal Genetics and Breeding Research. (pp. 319-340). PUBLISHED BY IMPERIAL COLLEGE PRESS AND DISTRIBUTED BY WORLD SCIENTIFIC PUBLISHING CO..
- Threadgill, D. W., Hunter, K. W., Zou, F., & Manly, K. F. (2004). Genetic Modifiers. Mouse Models of Human Cancer. John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
- Bokhari, R., Schneider, P., Barrington, W., Falck, A., Mitchell, A., Huggins, S., ... Gaddy, D. (2018). Sex and Diet Specific Differences In Bone Mass of 4 Mouse Strains: Can Mice Tell Us What to Eat for Bone Health?. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. 33, 413-413.
- Lanier, A., Barrington, W., & Threadgill, D. (2017). Abstract 1542: Identifying genetic modifiers of PTEN using the Collaborative Cross mouse panel. CANCER RESEARCH. 77, 1542-1542.
- Rojas, C. M., Ming, Y. u., & Threadgill, D. (2017). Abstract 3400: Progression of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)-independent colorectal cancer. CANCER RESEARCH. 77, 3400-3400.
- Rojas, C. M., & Threadgill, D. (2017). Abstract A15: Progression of colorectal cancer through epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)-independent mechanisms. CANCER RESEARCH. 77, a15-a15.
- Cichocki, J. A., Furuya, S., Luo, Y. S., Sweet, S., Wade, T., Knap, A., ... Rusyn, I. (2016). Xenobiotic metabolism in a mouse model of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: A case study of the ubiquitous environmental contaminant tetrachloroethylene. Hepatology (Baltimore, Md.). 64, 800A-800A.
- Tom and Jean McMullin Chair of Genetics conferred by Texas A&M Health Science Center - (College Station, Texas, United States) - This is an ongoing position. 2013