Our laboratory uses the mouse as an experimental genetic model to investigate factors that contribute to inter-individual differences in health and disease. Ourcurrent research activities include the identification and functional characterization of alleles contributing to cancer susceptibility, the function of theErbbgenefamily in development and disease, and the role of genetic variation in response to environmental stimuli. To support these investigations, we also aredeveloping new genetic tools to support mammalian systems genetic approaches to phenotypes with complex genetic and environmental etiologies.
- Case Western Reserve University - (Cleveland, Ohio, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1996
- Ph.D. in Genetics, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1989
- B.S. in Zoology, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1983
- Mantilla-Rojas, C., Yu, M., Rinella, E. S., Lynch, R. M., Perry, A., Jaimes-Alvarado, J., ... Threadgill, D. W. (2021). A molecular subtype of colorectal cancers initiates independently of epidermal growth factor receptor and has an accelerated growth rate mediated by IL10-dependent anergy. Oncogene. 40(17), 3047-3059.
- Elias, L., Blazier, J. C., Rogovska, Y. V., Konganti, K., Wang, J., Liu, S., ... Rogovskyy, A. S. (2021). Extensive sex-specific and regional variations observed in the microbiome of Dermacentor reticulatus. Ticks and Tick-borne Diseases. 12(5), 101767-101767.
- Jurgelewicz, A., Dornbos, P., Warren, M., Nault, R., Arkatkar, A., Lin, H., ... LaPres, J. J. (2021). Genetics-Based Approach to Identify Novel Genes Regulated by the Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor (AHR) in Mice Liver. Toxicological Sciences. 181(2), kfab032--294.
- Vaes, N., Schonkeren, S. L., Rademakers, G., Holland, A. M., Koch, A., Gijbels, M. J., ... Melotte, V. (2021). Loss of enteric neuronal Ndrg4 promotes colorectal cancer via increased release of Nid1 and Fbln2. EMBO Reports. 22(6), e51913.
- Salvador, A. C., Arends, D., Barrington, W. T., Elsaadi, A. M., Brockmann, G. A., & Threadgill, D. W. (2021). Sex-specific genetic architecture in response to American and ketogenic diets. International Journal of Obesity. 45(6), 1284-1297.
- Wang, W., McMillan, L., "Threadgill,", D., & Pardo-Manuel de Villena, F. (2008). Efficient Data-Mining Methods Enabling Genome-Wide Computing. Next Generation of Data Mining. Chapman and Hall/CRC.
- Roberts, R. B., & Threadgill, D. W. (2005). THE MOUSE IN BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH. Eisen, E. J. (Eds.), The Mouse in Animal Genetics and Breeding Research. (pp. 319-340). PUBLISHED BY IMPERIAL COLLEGE PRESS AND DISTRIBUTED BY WORLD SCIENTIFIC PUBLISHING CO..
- Threadgill, D. W., Hunter, K. W., Zou, F., & Manly, K. F. (2004). Genetic Modifiers. Mouse Models of Human Cancer. John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
- Threadgill, D. W., Yee, D., Thompson, C., & Magnuson, T. (1995). Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Deficiency Results in Periimplantation Lethality in Mouse. Molecular and Cellular Aspects of Periimplantation Processes. (pp. 231-235). Springer New York.
- Bokhari, R., Schneider, P., Barrington, W., Falck, A., Mitchell, A., Huggins, S., ... Gaddy, D. (2018). Sex and Diet Specific Differences In Bone Mass of 4 Mouse Strains: Can Mice Tell Us What to Eat for Bone Health?. JOURNAL OF BONE AND MINERAL RESEARCH. 33, 413-413.
- Lanier, A., Barrington, W., & Threadgill, D. (2017). Abstract 1542: Identifying genetic modifiers of PTEN using the Collaborative Cross mouse panel. CANCER RESEARCH. 77, 1542-1542.
- Rojas, C. M., Ming, Y. u., & Threadgill, D. (2017). Abstract 3400: Progression of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)-independent colorectal cancer. CANCER RESEARCH. 77, 3400-3400.
- Rojas, C. M., & Threadgill, D. (2017). Abstract A15: Progression of colorectal cancer through epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)-independent mechanisms. CANCER RESEARCH. 77, a15-a15.
- Cichocki, J. A., Furuya, S., Luo, Y. S., Sweet, S., Wade, T., Knap, A., ... Rusyn, I. (2016). Xenobiotic metabolism in a mouse model of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: A case study of the ubiquitous environmental contaminant tetrachloroethylene. Hepatology. 64, 800A-800A.
- Texas A&M AgriLife's newest Regents Professors, Fellows AgriLife November 18, 2020
- Texas A&M System Regents Approve 14 Texas A&M University Regents Professors And Regents Fellows Texas A&M Today November 12, 2020
- Tolerance Mechanisms Through Innovative Population Analysis awarded by DOD-Advanced Research Projects Agency 2017 - 2020
- Center for Translational Environmental Health Research awarded by National Institutes of Health 2014 - 2018
- Tom and Jean McMullin Chair of Genetics conferred by Texas A&M Health Science Center - (College Station, Texas, United States) - This is an ongoing position. 2013
- Mantilla Rojas, Carolina (2019-12). Implications of ERBB Receptor Tyrosine Kinase Signaling in Resistance to EGRF-Targeted Therapies in Colorectal Cancer. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Warren, Melanie Renai (2019-05). Population Variability and the Teratogenic Effects of Dioxin During Pregnancy. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Perry, Amie Lynn (2019-05). Renal Health Effects in Trichloroethylene and Arsenic Co-Exposed Mice. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Howe, Selene Yelaine Fernandez (2018-12). Chemopreventative and Cardiotoxic Effects from Long-Term EGFR Pharmaceutical Inhibition. (Doctoral Dissertation)