My current areas of research include demand analysis, food consumption and issues related to well-being and nutrition-related health outcomes of individuals participating in food assistance programs.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Economics, Iowa State University - (Ames, Iowa, United States) 2008
- M.S. in Mathematics, University of Idaho - (Moscow, Idaho, United States) 2000
- B.S. in Mathematics, National University of Mongolia - (Ulan Bator, Mongolia) 1996
- Ishdorj, A., & Capps, O. (2017). The Impact of Policy Changes on Milk and Beverage Consumption of Texas WIC Children. Agricultural and Resource Economics Review. 46(3), 421-442.
- JANG, J. W., ISHDORJ, A., ANDERSON, D. P., PUREVJAV, T., & DAHLKE, G. (2017). EXPLORING THE EXISTENCE OF GRADER BIAS IN BEEF GRADING. Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics. 49(03), 467-489.
- JANG, J. W., ISHDORJ, A., ANDERSON, D. P., PUREVJAV, T., & DAHLKE, G. (2017). EXPLORING THE EXISTENCE OF GRADER BIAS IN BEEF GRADING. Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics. 49(3), 467-489.
- Cisse-Egbuonye, N., Ishdorj, A., McKyer, E., & Mkuu, R. (2017). Examining Nutritional Adequacy and Dietary Diversity Among Women in Niger.. Matern Child Health J. 21(6), 1408-1416.
- Magaa-Lemus, D., Ishdorj, A., Rosson, C. P., & Lara-lvarez, J. (2016). Determinants of household food insecurity in Mexico. Agricultural and Food Economics. 4(1), 10.
- Capps, O., Ishdorj, A., Dharmasena, S., & Palma, M. A. (2018). Economic ramifications of obesity. The Routledge Handbook of Agricultural Economics. 70-83. Routledge.
- Ishdorj, A., & Salin, V. (2015). The Effect of Food Assistance on American Indian Womens Food Choices. Mendoza, J. (Eds.), Native Americans: Cultural Diversity, Health Issues and Challenges. 83-104. Nova Science Publishers.
- Disability, Food Security, and Assistance Programs awarded by USDA-Economic Research Services 2015 - 2018
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Tabares Villarreal, Elizabeth (2017-12). Fruit and Vegetable Waste from School Lunches: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. (Master's Thesis)
- Cisse, Nafissatou Abdoulaye (2016-08). Examining the Nutritional Dietary Intake of Women and Children in Niger. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bardzik, Alexander (2015-12). Analysis of Trends and Demand for Super-Premium Fruit and Vegetable Beverages. (Master's Thesis)
- Moon, Youngji (2015-05). Analyzing The Effect Of Multiple Component Pricing On Producers. (Master's Thesis)
- Magana Lemus, David (2013-12). Essays on Price Dynamics, Welfare Analysis, Household Food Insecurity in Mexico. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Agricultural Economics; 2124 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2124