Innovations in construction management: lean construction,lean game theory,target value design, life cycle cost analysis, environmentally sustainable architecture and construction, andline-of-balance scheduling to identifywaste and value inconstruction process flows, evidence-based design, Integrated Project Delivery
- Cert. in Management of Technology, University of California, Berkeley - (Berkeley, California, United States) 2009
- Ph.D. in Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Berkeley - (Berkeley, California, United States) 2009
- M.S. in Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Berkeley - (Berkeley, California, United States) 2005
- M.Phil. in Civil Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology - (Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China) 2004
- M.A. in Architecture, Harvard University - (Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States) 1991
- M.S. in Biology, Brown University - (Providence, Rhode Island, United States) 1987
- B.S. in Biology, Stanford University - (Stanford, California, United States) 1985
- Saseendran, A., Bigelow, B. F., Rybkowski, Z. K., & Jourdan, D. E. (2020). Disputes in Construction: Evaluation of Contractual Effects of ConsensusDOCS. Journal of Legal Affairs and Dispute Resolution in Engineering and Construction. 12(2), 04520008-04520008.
- Bajpayee, A., Farahbakhsh, M., Zakira, U., Pandey, A., Abu Ennab, L., Rybkowski, Z., ... Banerjee, S. (2020). In situ Resource Utilization and Reconfiguration of Soils Into Construction Materials for the Additive Manufacturing of Buildings. Frontiers in Materials. 7, 52.
- Sindhu, J., Choi, K., Lavy, S., Rybkowski, Z. K., Bigelow, B. F., & Li, W. (2018). Effects of Front-End Planning under Fast-Tracked Project Delivery Systems for Industrial Projects. International Journal of Construction Education and Research. 14(3), 163-178.
- Nanda, U., Rybkowski, Z. K., Pati, S., & Nejati, A. (2017). A Value Analysis of Lean Processes in Target Value Design and Integrated Project Delivery: Stakeholder Perception. HERD Health Environments Research & Design Journal. 10(3), 99-115.
- Rybkowski, Z. K. (2017). Applying Lean Methods to Healthcare Design. HERD Health Environments Research & Design Journal. 10(3), 12-17.
- Rybkowski, Z. K., Forbes, L. H., & Tsao, C. (2020). The evolution of Lean Construction education at US-based universities. Lean Construction. (pp. 387-407). Routledge.
- Mansoori, M., Kalantar, N., Creasy, T., & Rybkowski, Z. (2019). Adaptive wooden architecture. designing a wood composite with shape-memory behavior. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering. (pp. 703-717). Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden.
- Solhjou Khah, F., Rybkowski, Z. K., Pentecost, A. R., Smith, J. P., & Muir, R. (2019). Development and Testing of an Innovative Architectural Programming Simulation as a Precursor to Target Value Design. Annual Conference of the International Group for Lean Construction. 515-526.
- Bhagat, N., Rybkowski, Z., Kalantar, N., Dixit, M., Bryant, J., & Mansoori, M. (2018). Modulating natural ventilation to enhance resilience through modifying nozzle profiles: Exploring rapid prototyping through 3D-printing. 2, 185-194.
- Rybkowski, Z. K., Forbes, L. H., & Tsao, C. (2018). The evolution of lean construction education (part 1 of 2): At US-based universities. 2, 1013-1023.
- Forbes, L. H., Rybkowski, Z. K., & Tsao, C. (2018). The evolution of lean construction education (part 2 of 2): At US-based companies. 2, 1024-1034.
- Mansoori, M., Kalantar, N., Creasy, T., & Rybkowski, Z. (2018). Toward adaptive architectural skins: Designing temperature-responsive curvilinear surfaces. 2, 329-338.
Institutional Repository Documents4
- Fernandez-Solis, J. L., Hasan, K., & Rybkowski, Z. (2018). Assessing the Active Living Impacts of Urban Design Improvements: Brenham TX Main Street Program.
- Fernández-Solis, J., & Rybkowski, Z. K. (2015). A THEORY OF WASTE AND VALUE.
- Rybkowski, Z. K., Munankami, M., Gottipati, U., Lavy, S., & Fernández-Solis, J. (2011). Impact of cost constraints on aesthetic ranking following Target Value Design exercises.
- Munavar Ali, Muzafar Thameem (2017-08). Delivery Methods and Social Network Analysis of Unethical Behavior in Construction Industry: An Exploratory Study. (Master's Thesis)
- Salazar, Ralph Trevino (2017-05). An Exploration of Military Health Facility Developers' Perceptions of Evidence-Based Design, Choosing by Advantages, and Lean Culture. (Master's Thesis)
- Neeraj, Anush (2016-05). Framework to Link Lean Simulation Principles and Their Manifestation on Construction Projects. (Master's Thesis)
- Nadiminti, Navya (2016-05). Development and Testing of a Simulation to Illustrate How to Lower the River to Reveal the Rocks. (Master's Thesis)
- Bhatt, Yamini (2016-05). Trainathon Lean Simulation Game: Determining the Perception of Value of Training among Construction Stakeholders. (Master's Thesis)