Chirayath, Sunil individual record
- Associate Professor, Nuclear Engineering, College of Engineering
- Faculty affiliate, Institute for Engineering Education and Innovation
- Faculty Affiliate, Energy Institute
education and training
- Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2010
- Ph.D. in Physics, University of Madras - (Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India) 2005
- M.Sc. in Physics, University of Calicut - (Malappuram, Kerala, India) 1994
- B.Sc. in Physics, University of Calicut - (Malappuram, Kerala, India) 1989
- Minamigawa, Y., Kitcher, E. D., & Chirayath, S. S. (2019). A Method to Estimate Fission Product Concentration Uncertainty in a Multi-Time-Step MCNP6 Code Nuclear Fuel Burnup Calculation. NUCLEAR TECHNOLOGY. 1-9.
- Woo, S. M., & Chirayath, S. S. (2019). Evaluation of nuclear material accountability by the probability of detection for loss of Pu (LOPu) scenarios in pyroprocessing. Nuclear Engineering and Technology. 51(1), 198-206.
- Sagadevan, A., & Chirayath, S. (2019). Information driven safeguards approach for remote monitoring system of dry cask storage. Nuclear Inst. and Methods in Physics Research, A.
- Hawila, M. A., & Chirayath, S. S. (2018). Combined nuclear safety-security risk analysis methodology development and demonstration through a case study. Progress in Nuclear Energy. 105, 153-159.
- Osborn, J. M., Glennon, K. J., Kitcher, E. D., Burns, J. D., III, F., & Chirayath, S. S. (2018). Computational and experimental forensics characterization of weapons-grade plutonium produced in a thermal neutron environment. Nuclear Engineering and Technology. 50(6), 820-828.
- Kitcher, E. D., & Chirayath, S. S. (2017). Improving a multi-physics coupling scheme for the analysis of xenon-induced power oscillations. TRANSACTIONS OF THE AMERICAN NUCLEAR SOCIETY. 117, 1389-1392.
- O'Neal, P. J., & Chirayath, S. S. (2017). Methodology development for combined evaluation of security and safety risk. TRANSACTIONS OF THE AMERICAN NUCLEAR SOCIETY. 117, 922-925.
- Aoki, T., Chirayath, S. S., & Sagara, H. (2016). Material balance area design for the transuranic fuel cycle employing high temperature gas cooled reactors. TRANSACTIONS OF THE AMERICAN NUCLEAR SOCIETY. 115, 909-912.
- Hawila, M. A., & Chirayath, S. S. (2016). Probabilistic risk assessment of spent fuel pool cooling system failure considering safety & security initiating events. TRANSACTIONS OF THE AMERICAN NUCLEAR SOCIETY. 115, 815-818.
- Aoki, T., Sagara, H., & Chirayath, S. S. (2016). Proliferation resistance evaluation of an advanced fuel cycle employing high temperature gas cooled reactors.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Osborn, Jeremy Michael (2018-12). Nuclear Forensics Methodology for Source Reactor-Type Discrimination of Chemically Separated Plutonium. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Setiawan, Yanuar Ady (2018-05). ADVERSARY PATH ANALYSIS OF A PHYSICAL PROTECTION SYSTEM DESIGN USING A STOCHASTIC APPROACH. (Master's Thesis)
- Wilcox, Andrew John (2018-05). The Kinetic and Thermodynamic Properties of the Dissolution of Sodium Bismuthate. (Master's Thesis)
- Mendoza, Paul Michael (2018-05). Experimental Characterization of Pu Separation by Purex on a Low-Burnup, Pseudo-Fast-Neutron Irradiated DUO2 for Product Decontamination Factors and Nuclear Forensics. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Pompilio, Lauren Marie (2017-05). Analysis of 10 CFR Part 810 General Authorization Data on Assistance to Foreign Atomic Energy Activities. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Nuclear Security Science & Policy Institute; 3473 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3473