- Associate Professor, Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Associate Professor, Center for Statistical Bioinformatics, College of Science
Our research lies at the interface of human genetics, computational statistics, and data science. Current research focuses on understanding diverse behaviors of cells using machine learning, network science and dynamical system analysis. We develop analytical frameworks to study single-cell transcriptome data from various types of cells. We also study the genetic basis of phenotypic variability or randomness in the human population and develop computational tools to identify genetic variants that control complex traits and determine the susceptibility of genetic disorders.
- Zhu, B., Guo, X., Xu, H., Jiang, B., Li, H., Wang, Y., ... Wu, C. (2021). Adipose tissue inflammation and systemic insulin resistance in mice with diet-induced obesity is possibly associated with disruption of PFKFB3 in hematopoietic cells. LABORATORY INVESTIGATION. 101(3), 328-340.
- Huang, G., Osorio, D., Guan, J., Ji, G., & Cai, J. J. (2020). Overdispersed gene expression in schizophrenia. npj Schizophrenia. 6(1), 9.
- Osorio, D., & Cai, J. J. (2020). Systematic determination of the mitochondrial proportion in human and mice tissues for single-cell RNA-sequencing data quality control. BIOINFORMATICS. 37(7), 963-967.
- Osorio, D., Zhong, Y., Li, G., Huang, J., & Cai, J. (2020). scTenifoldNet: a machine learning workflow for constructing and comparing transcriptome-wide gene regulatory networks from single-cell data.
- Cai, J. J. (2011). Evolutionary Bioinformatics with a Scientific Computing Environment. Yang, N. S. (Eds.), Systems and Computational Biology - Bioinformatics and Computational Modeling. InTech.
- Osorio Hurtado, Daniel C. (2021-05). Single-Cell Gene Expression Variability: Functional Assessment and Applications in Functional Genomics. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Wang, Gang (2016-05). Effects of Genetic Variants on Gene Expression Variability. (Doctoral Dissertation)