Clark, William individual record
- Professor, English, College of Arts and Sciences
I have published widely on a range of topics in American literary study, though my primary interest is in the literature of the American South. I am also the General Editor of the Robert Penn Warren Correspondence Project.
education and training
- Ph.D. in American Literature, Louisiana State University - (Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States) 1973
- M.A. in English, Louisiana State University - (Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States) 1971
- B.A. in English, University of Oklahoma - (Norman, Oklahoma, United States) 1969
- WARREN, R. P (2015). Invitation to a dance: A “LOST” story. The Yale Review. 103(2), 98-105.
- Clark, W. B. (2009). The Black Dispatch: A Window on Ralph Ellison's First World. MISSISSIPPI QUARTERLY. 62(1-2), 3-18.
- Clark, W. B (2006). Band of Angels at Fifty. Southern Quarterly: a journal of the arts in the South. 43(2), 176-185.
- Clark, W. B. (2006). Undermining him with guesses ('Ralph Ellison, A biography', Arnold Rampersad). MISSISSIPPI QUARTERLY. 60(1), 217-221.
- Clark, W. B (2006). Warren and Pasinetti: A Study in Friendship. The South Carolina Review. 38(2), 146-154.
- Clark, W. B (2015). The American Vision of Robert Penn Warren. University Press of Kentucky.
- Warren, R. P., Clark, W. B., Hendricks, R., & Perkins, J. A (2011). Selected Letters of Robert Penn Warren: Backeard glances and new visions, 1969-1979. LSU Press.
- Clark, W. B (2010). Blue Norther and Other Poems.
- Machann, C., & Clark, W. B (1990). Katherine Anne Porter and Texas An Uneasy Relationship. Texas A&M University Press.
- Clark, W. B., & Clark, C. K. (1997). James Lee Burke: '. . . always the first inning. Folks, J. J., & Perkins, J. A. (Eds.), Southern Writers at Century's End. 60-69. University Press of Kentucky.
- Clark, W. B. (1986). Twain and Faulkner: miscegenation and the comic muse.. Fowler, D., & Abadie, A. J. (Eds.), Faulkner and humor: Faulkner and Yoknapatawpha, 1984. 97-109. Univ. Press of Mississippi.
- CLARK, W. B. (2015). WHITMAN, WARREN AND THE LITERATURE OF DISCOVERY + POETIC INFLUENCES. WALT WHITMAN QUARTERLY REVIEW. 10(1), 10-15.
- (2000). Selected Letters of Robert Penn Warren The Apprentice Years 1924--1934. LSU Press.
recent teaching activities
- ENGL227 Am Lit Begin To Civil War Instructor
- ENGL228 Am Lit Civ War To Pres Instructor
- ENGL337 Life & Lit Of Am South Instructor
- ENGL365 Bible As Literature Instructor
- ENGL372 American Poetry Instructor
chaired theses and dissertations
- Stamant, James Marcel (2013-12). Authorial Anxiety in a Mass Media World: Four Modernists Respond. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Jeong, Jin Man (2011-05). National and Racial Identity and the Desire for Expansion: A Study of American Travel Narratives, 1790-1850. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Samaha, Marylouise (2006-08). Robert Penn Warren's internal injuries: ''a picnic on the dark side of the moon''. (Master's Thesis)
- Villarreal, Evert (2006-08). Recovering Carl Sandburg: politics, prose, and poetry after 1920. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; English; 4227 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4227