The Stephan Lab is focused on drug discovery research. Dr. Stephan directs both the Combinatorial Drug Discovery Program (CDDP) core and the Microphysiological Lead Optimization and Toxicity Screening (MLOTS) facilities. The CDDP is a high throughput screening and automated microscopy core focused on discovering new therapeutics from library screening and drug repurposing alone or in multi-drug combinations. MLOTS is a low to medium throughput core focused on lead optimization for new chemical entities with the capability of testing compounds in complex in vitro models (e.g., spheroids, organoids) and de-risking drug leads by evaluating their potential cardiovascular or CNS toxicities via micro electrode array or hepatotoxcity in a microfluidic liver model.
- Brigham and Women's Hospital - (Boston, Massachusetts, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1990
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University - (Nashville, Tennessee, United States) 1988
- B.A. in Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Vanderbilt University - (Nashville, Tennessee, United States) 1982
- Henderson, Y. C., Mohamed, A., Maniakas, A., Chen, Y., Powell, R. T., Peng, S., ... Lai, S. Y. (2021). A High-Throughput Approach to Identify Effective Systemic Agents for the Treatment of Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma.. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 106(10), 2962-2978.
- Stossi, F., Dandekar, R. D., Mancini, M. G., Gu, G., Fuqua, S., Nardone, A., ... Mancini, M. A (2020). Estrogen-induced transcription at individual alleles is independent of receptor level and active conformation but can be modulated by coactivators activity.. Nucleic Acids Res. 48(4), 1800-1810.
- Bakthavatsalam, D., Craft, J. W., Kazansky, A., Nguyen, N., Bae, G., Caivano, A. R., ... Woodside, D. G (2020). Identification of Inhibitors of Integrin Cytoplasmic Domain Interactions With Syk.. Front Immunol. 11, 575085.
- Kalu, N. N., Mazumdar, T., Peng, S., Tong, P., Shen, L. i., Wang, J., ... Johnson, F. M (2018). Comprehensive pharmacogenomic profiling of human papillomavirus-positive and -negative squamous cell carcinoma identifies sensitivity to aurora kinase inhibition in KMT2D mutants.. Cancer Lett. 431, 64-72.
- Dong, J., Park, S. Y., Nguyen, N., Ezhilarasan, R., Martinez-Ledesma, E., Wu, S., ... de Groot, J. F (2018). The polo-like kinase 1 inhibitor volasertib synergistically increases radiation efficacy in glioma stem cells.. Oncotarget. 9(12), 10497-10509.
- Bernard, V., Lucas, F., Huang, J., Powell, R. T., Guerrero, P. A., Semaan, A., ... Maitra, A. (2019). Abstract 1402: Single cell transcriptomic profiling ofex vivotumoroid models reveal therapeutic vulnerabilities of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Clinical Research (Excluding Clinical Trials), Proceedings: AACR Annual Meeting 2019; March 29-April 3, 2019; Atlanta, GA. 79(13), 1402-1402.
- Mazumdar, T., Kalu, N. N., Peng, S., Tong, P., Shen, L. i., Wang, J., ... Johnson, F. M. (2018). Abstract 4646: Pharmacogenomic screen identifies KMT2D mutations as a biomarker of sensitivity to Aurora kinase inhibition in head and neck and cervical squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Research. 78(13_Supplement), 4646-4646.
- Li, F., Wang, L., Kong, R., Sheng, J., Cao, H., Mancuso, J., ... Wong, S. (2016). DrugMoaMiner: A computational tool for mechanism of action discovery and personalized drug sensitivity prediction. 2016 IEEE-EMBS International Conference on Biomedical and Health Informatics (BHI), 2016 IEEE-EMBS International Conference on Biomedical and Health Informatics (BHI). 368-371.
- Oba, J., Wang, W., Eterovic, A. K., Stephan, C. C., Roszik, J., Kale, C. R., ... Woodman, S. E (2015). A global genomic and small molecule inhibitor interrogation of KIT mutant melanoma to reveal underlying biology and novel molecular targets. JOURNAL OF CLINICAL ONCOLOGY. 33(15),
- BJERCKE, R. J., STEPHAN, C. C., ERICHSEN, D. A., MARTINEZ, R. E., SHERWOOD, S., OWENS, R., & BROCK, T. A (1995). CHRONIC THERAPY WITH BFGF ANTIBODY REDUCES BALLOON INJURY-INDUCED INTIMAL THICKENING IN RAT CAROTID-ARTERY. FASEB JOURNAL. 9(3), A343-A343.