Dr. Ana Diaz Artiles' interests focus on human spaceflight and space system engineering, with strong emphasis on aerospace biomedical engineering, extravehicular activity, and human performance in altered gravity environments.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Aeronautics and Astronautics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology - (Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States) 2015
- M.Sc. in Aeronautical Engineering, Technical University of Madrid - (Madrid, Spain) 2006
- Diaz-Artiles, A., Heldt, T., & Young, L. R. (2019). Computational model of cardiovascular response to centrifugation and lower body cycling exercise.. JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSIOLOGY. 127(5), 1453-1468.
- Diaz-Artiles, A., Tichell, P. N., & Perez, F. (2019). Cardiopulmonary Responses to Sub-Maximal Ergometer Exercise in a Hypo-Gravity Analog Using Head-Down Tilt and Head-Up Tilt. Frontiers in Physiology. 10(JUN), 720.
- Galvan-Garza, R. C., Clark, T. K., Sherwood, D., Diaz-Artiles, A., Rosenberg, M., Natapoff, A., ... Young, L. R. (2018). Human perception of whole body roll-tilt orientation in a hypogravity analog: underestimation and adaptation. JOURNAL OF NEUROPHYSIOLOGY. 120(6), 3110-3121.
- Diaz-Artiles, A., Heldt, T., & Young, L. R. (2018). Short-Term Cardiovascular Response to Short-Radius Centrifugation With and Without Ergometer Exercise. Frontiers in Physiology. 9(NOV), 1492.
- De Sá Teixeira, N. A., Hecht, H., Artiles, A. D., Seyedmadani, K., Sherwood, D. P., & Young, L. R. (2017). Vestibular Stimulation Interferes with the Dynamics of An Internal Representation of Gravity. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology. 70(11), 2290-2305.
- Diaz Artiles, A. (2019). Human Performance in Altered-Gravity Environments. Frontiers in Physiology.
- Klapper, H. M., Jagatia, B., & Diaz Artiles, A. (2018). ASTRA: Archimedes Screw for Targeted Regolith Aggregation.
- Jagatia, B., Klapper, H. M., & Diaz Artiles, A. (2018). ICICLE - Ice Core Integrated Calescent Linear Extractor.
- A. D. Artiles, .., D. Schor, .., & G. Clément, .. (2018). Effects of inverted vision on hand-pointing performance in altered gravity during parabolic flight. 1-9.
- De La Torre, G., Vogler, A., Stone, R., Diaz Artiles, A., Jorgensen, J., & Bienertova-Vasku, J. (2018). Virtual reality as a countermeasure for physical training in bed rest and artificial gravity conditions.. Frontiers in Physiology. 9,
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station; Aerospace Engineering; 3141 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3141