education and training
- Ph.D. in Epidemiology, The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States) 1990
- M.P.H. in Community Health Sciences, The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States) 1982
- B.S. in Biology, Southern University System - (Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States) 1975
- Eberth, J. M., Huber, J. C., & Rene, A. (2010). Breast cancer screening practices and correlates among American Indian and Alaska native women in California, 2003.. Women's Health Issues. 20(2), 139-145.
- Griesenbeck, J. S., Brender, J. D., Sharkey, J. R., Steck, M. D., Huber, J. C., Rene, A. A., ... the National Birth Defects Prevention Study, .. (2010). Maternal characteristics associated with the dietary intake of nitrates, nitrites, and nitrosamines in women of child-bearing age: a cross-sectional study. Environmental Health. 9(1), 10.
- Griesenbeck, J. S., Steck, M. D., Huber, J. C., Sharkey, J. R., Rene, A. A., & Brender, J. D. (2009). Development of estimates of dietary nitrates, nitrites, and nitrosamines for use with the short willet food frequency questionnaire. Nutrition Journal. 8(1), 16.
- Shah, D. J., Shipp, E. M., Cooper, S. P., Huber, J. C., del Junco, D. J., Rene, A. A., & Moore, J. S. (2009). Hand problems in migrant farmworkers.. Journal of Agricultural Safety and Health. 15(2), 157-169.
- Liewer, L., Mains, D. A., Lykens, K., & René, A. A. (2007). Barriers to Women's Cardiovascular Risk Knowledge. Health Care For Women International. 29(1), 23-38.
- Jones, W., & Rene, A. A. (1994). Barriers to health services utilization and African Americans. Livingston, I. L. (Eds.), Handbook of Black American Health The Mosaic of Conditions, Issues, Policies, and Prospects. (pp. 378-386). Greenwood Publishing Group.
- René, A. A., Viera, E., Jiles, R., & Daniels, D. E. (1995). Organ donation awareness: knowledge, attitudes and beliefs in a Puerto Rican population.. Transplantation Proceedings. 27(2), 1893-1896.
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Environmental And Occupational Health; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77845