My research focuses on Modeling and control of roll-to-roll manufacturing systems, robotics/mechatronics, autonomous vehicles, and large-scale nonlinear dynamic systems.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley - (Berkeley, California, United States) 1996
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley - (Berkeley, California, United States) 1994
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Osmania University - (Hyderabad, India) 1990
- Wen, Y., & Pagilla, P. R. (2021). A novel 3D path following control framework for robots performing surface finishing tasks. Mechatronics. 76, 102540-102540.
- Hu, J., & Pagilla, P. R. (2021). Dual-edge robotic gear chamfering with registration error compensation. Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing. 69, 102082-102082.
- Ma, G., & Pagilla, P. R. (2021). Event-triggered equivalent-input-disturbance estimation and control for disturbance attenuation. IFAC Journal of Systems and Control. 16, 100137-100137.
- Hopko, S. K., Khurana, R., Mehta, R. K., & Pagilla, P. R. (2021). Effect of Cognitive Fatigue, Operator Sex, and Robot Assistance on Task Performance Metrics, Workload, and Situation Awareness in Human-Robot Collaboration. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters. 6(2), 3049-3056.
- Jin, Z., & Pagilla, P. R. (2021). Shared Control With Efficient Subgoal Identification and Adjustment for Human-Robot Collaborative Tasks. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology. PP(99), 1-10.
- Hu, J., Kabir, A. M., Hartford, S. M., Gupta, S. K., & Pagilla, P. R. (2020). Robotic deburring and chamfering of complex geometries in high-mix/low-volume production applications. 00, 1155-1160.
- Jin, Z., & Pagilla, P. R. (2020). Subgoal Learning via Operator Command Quantification for Human-Machine Shared Control Task Modeling. 00, 4375-4380.
- Jin, Z., & Pagilla, P. R. (2020). Human-robot teaming with human intent prediction and shared control. 43.
- Jin, Z., & Pagilla, P. R. (2020). Collaborative Operation of Robotic Manipulators with Human Intent Prediction and Shared Control. 00, 1-6.
- Jin, Z., & Pagilla, P. R. (2020). Operator Intent Prediction with Subgoal Transition Probability Learning for Shared Control Applications. 00, 1-6.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Mechanical Engineering; 3123 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3123