Our research is focused on the experimental study of microscale and low temperature plasmas and devices which use plasmas and energetic electrons. The results and discoveries of this research have far reaching consequences in fields ranging from medicine and health, to integrated circuit manufacturing, to fossil fuel reforming and the energy sector.
- Martin, M. W., Staack, D., & Lalk, T. (2018). Method to Simulate Spacecraft Electrical Surface Charging due to Magnetoplasma Engine Plume-Spacecraft Interaction.
- Campbell, C., Tang, X., Xiao, P., Limbach, C., & Staack, D. (2018). Plasma-induced Phase Transition of Water. BULLETIN OF THE AMERICAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY.
- Campbell, C., & Staack, D. (2017). Investigation of Enhanced Laser-Induced Breakdown (LIB) for Application in Highenergy Laser (HEL) Damage Mitigation. 00, 1-1.
- Martin, M. W., Lalk, T., & Staack, D. (2017). Method to simulate magnetoplasma engine plume-spacecraft interaction.
- Diaz, A., & Staack, D. (2017). Non-Thermal Plasma Induced Wettability Changes on Marina Wool via Atmospheric Dielectric Barrier Discharges. 00, 1-1.
- Staack, D., & Tsai, T. (2016). Plasma treatment and plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition onto temperature sensitive biological materials.
- Staack, D., & Geiger, R. (2016). Processing of dielectric fluids with mobile charge carriers.
- Staack, D., & Tsai, T. (2014). Plasma treatment and plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition onto temperature sensitive biological materials.
- Slavens, Stephen M (2014-05). Microplasma Ball Reactor for Liquid Hydrocarbon Conversion. (Master's Thesis)
- Wakim, Dani Ghassan (2013-08). Glow Discharge Characteristics of Non-thermal Microplasmas at above Atmospheric Pressures and their Applications in Microscale Plasma Transistors. (Master's Thesis)
- Geiger, Robert (2013-05). Plasmachemical Synthesis of Carbon Suboxide. (Master's Thesis)
- Tsai, Tsung-Chan 1982- (2012-12). Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition on Living Substrates: Development, Characterization, and Biological Applications. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Ebersohn, Frans 1987- (2012-12). Gas Kinetic Study of Magnetic Field Effects on Plasma Plumes. (Master's Thesis)