- Faculty Affiliate, Institute for Engineering Education and Innovation
- Member, Engineering Education Research Taskforce, College of Engineering
- Professor of the Practice, Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering
NLP (natural language processing) integration into AR (augmented) and VR (virtual) reality environments.
VR and AR research in training optimization and safety improvement for HRI (Human Robot interface)
Robotic application to manufacturing environments. Ex sanding, loading/unloading, human-robot interaction, swarming to enable complex task completion
Biomedical robotic application for limb replacement and control.
Datacenter system optimization especially with respect to CPU performance, IO latency and memory subsystem optimization under NVM, switching, SDI, SDN, SDS
Sensor system development as applied to agriculture ex soil analysis, AI for farm management in climatically hostile environments, herding of cattle as well as daily task optimizations ex. human movement tracking of heavy loads, applications of drones to security
- Vrecenar, R., Hall, M., Zshiesche, J., Naidu, M., Rajendran, J. V., & Kalafatis, S. (2019). Red Teaming a Multi-colored Bluetooth Bulb. 00, 293-296.
- Knudson, D., Kalafatis, S., Kleiner, C., Zahos, S., Seegebarth, B., Detterfelt, J., ... Roos, M. (2018). Global software engineering experience through international capstone project exchanges. 2016 IEEE/ACM 38TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (ICSE). 54-58.
- Al-Momin, M., Lazaridis, P. I., Cosmas, J., Zaharis, Z. D., Kalafatis, S., Mihovska, A., & Glover, I. (2016). QoS-Aware Ant Routing with Security Constraints in Optical Fibre Networks by Using RGB Pheromones. 2013 1st International Black Sea Conference on Communications and Networking, BlackSeaCom 2013. 1-5.