Since 1994, he has participated to the Compact Muon Solenoid (CMS) experiment program at the Large Hadron Collider Project (LHC) at the European Organization for Nuclear and Particle Physics (CERN). He was also a member of the fixed target experiment HERMES at the Deutsches Electronen Synchrotron (DESY) and a member of the AMANDA/ICECUBE neutrino telescopes at the South Pole. His field of expertise includes: charged particle detectors, high energy and medical physics and high performance computing. He is Director of Research Computing and Research Professor at Texas A&M University at Qatar.
He is the founder of the TAMU-Q Advanced Scientific Computing (TASC)center. He is affiliated with the Qatar Computing Research Institute (QCRI) in the computational Science and Engineering group. He is also chairing the HPC committee at Education City. He is leading the High Energy Physics group in Qatar. The group is partcipating to the CMS experiment. He has served on many national and international committees, chaired conferences and workshops.
- Ph.D. in Sciences, Universite Libre de Bruxelles - (Brussels, Belgium) 1999
- M.Sc. in Theoretical Physics, Universite Libre de Bruxelles - (Brussels, Belgium) 1994
- M.Sc. in Physics, Abdelmalek Essaadi University - (Tetouan, Morocco) 1992
- Sirunyan, A. M., Tumasyan, A., Adam, W., Ambrogi, F., Bergauer, T., Brandstetter, J., ... Woods, N. (2020). Mixed higher-order anisotropic flow and nonlinear response coefficients of charged particles in PbPb collisions at sNN=2.76 and 5.02TeV. European Physical Journal C. 80(6), 534.
- Syed, D., Refaat, S. S., & Bouhali, O. (2020). Privacy Preservation of Data-Driven Models in Smart Grids Using Homomorphic Encryption. Information (Switzerland). 11(7), 357-357.
- Sirunyan, A. M., Tumasyan, A., Adam, W., Ambrogi, F., Asilar, E., Bergauer, T., ... Collaboration, C. (2019). A search for pair production of new light bosons decaying into muons in proton-proton collisions at 13 TeV. Physics Letters, Section B: Nuclear, Elementary Particle and High-Energy Physics. 796, 131-154.
- Sirunyan, A. M., Tumasyan, A., Adam, W., Ambrogi, F., Asilar, E., Bergauer, T., ... Collaboration, C. (2019). An embedding technique to determine tau tau backgrounds in proton-proton collision data. Journal of Instrumentation. 14(6), P06032-P06032.
- Sirunyan, A. M., Tumasyan, A., Adam, W., Ambrogi, F., Asilar, E., Bergauer, T., ... Collaboration, C. (2019). Centrality and pseudorapidity dependence of the transverse energy density in pPb collisions ats root s(NN)=5.02 TeV. Physical Review C. 100(2),
- Sirunyan, A. M., Tumasyan, A., Adam, W., Ambrogi, F., Asilar, E., Bergauer, T., ... Caputo, C. (2019). CMS Collaboration. NUCLEAR PHYSICS A. 982, 1010-1035.
- Akl, M. A., Vandenberghe, S., Bouhali, O., & Toufique, Y. (2018). Monte Carlo studies of sensitivity and scatter fraction (SF) of a compact total body PET scanner design with monolithic scintillators. EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF NUCLEAR MEDICINE AND MOLECULAR IMAGING. 45, S717-S717.
- Abbaneo, D., Abbas, M., Abbrescia, M., Abi Akl, M., Aboamer, O., Acosta, D., ... Paolucci, P. (2018). Quality control for the first large areas of triple-GEM chambers for the CMS endcaps. EPJ Web of Conferences. 174, 03003-03003.
- Sheharyar, A., Bouhali, O., & Castaneda, A. (2018). Speeding up and parallelizing the GARFIELD+. EPJ Web of Conferences. 174, 06004-06004.
- Aitelcadi, Z., Toufique, Y., El Kharrim, A., Elmadani, S., Hilali, A., & Bouhali, O. (2018). Validation of the GATE Monte Carlo code for radiation therapy: Varian Clinac2300C/D. 1-4.