My research focuses on the impact individual differences in behavior and personality have on job performance and on methods of measuring and predicting such differences.
education and training
- University of Akron - (Akron, Ohio, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1988
- M.A. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, University of Akron - (Akron, Ohio, United States) 1986
- B.A. in Business Management & Psychology, University of Northern Iowa - (Cedar Falls, Iowa, United States) 1980
- Barrick, M. R., & Parks-Leduc, L. (2019). Selection for Fit. Annual Review of Organizational Psychology and Organizational Behavior. 6(1), 171-193.
- Swider, B. W., Barrick, M. R., & Harris, T. B. (2016). Initial impressions: What they are, what they are not, and how they influence structured interview outcomes.. JOURNAL OF APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY. 101(5), 625-638.
- Barrick, M. R., Thurgood, G. R., Smith, T. A., & Courtright, S. H. (2015). COLLECTIVE ORGANIZATIONAL ENGAGEMENT: LINKING MOTIVATIONAL ANTECEDENTS, STRATEGIC IMPLEMENTATION, AND FIRM PERFORMANCE. ACADEMY OF MANAGEMENT JOURNAL. 58(1), 111-135.
- Swider, B. W., Zimmerman, R. D., & Barrick, M. R. (2015). Searching for the Right Fit: Development of Applicant Person-Organization Fit Perceptions During the Recruitment Process. JOURNAL OF APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY. 100(3), 880-893.
- Colbert, A. E., Barrick, M. R., & Bradley, B. H. (2014). PERSONALITY AND LEADERSHIP COMPOSITION IN TOP MANAGEMENT TEAMS: IMPLICATIONS FOR ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS. PERSONNEL PSYCHOLOGY. 67(2), 351-387.
- Barrick, M. R., & Mount, M. K. (2012). Nature and Use of Personality in Selection. The Oxford Handbook of Personnel Assessment and Selection. Oxford University Press.
- Barrick, M. R., & Mount, M. K. (2012). Nature and Use of Personality in Selection. The Oxford Handbook of Personnel Assessment and Selection.
- Stewart, G. L., & Barrick, M. R. (2004). Four lessons learned from the person-situation debate: A review and research agenda. Personality and Organizations. (pp. 61-85). Psychology Press.
awards and honors
chaired theses and dissertations
- Thurgood, Gary Roy (2016-12). Job Design, Personality Traits, and the Pursuit of Meaningful Work: A Configural Approach. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mistry, Sal (2014-05). Bridging the Macro-Micro Divide: An Examination of the Proximal Top Management Team Factors that Influence Strategy Implementation and Organizational Performance. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Li, Ning (2012-08). Is Everyone Created Equal? A Social Network Perspective on Personality in Teams. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Swider, Brian (2012-05). Applicant Attitudes across the Recruitment Process: Time is of the Essence. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Management; 4221 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4221