My research focuses on the impact individual differences in behavior and personality have on job performance and on methods of measuring and predicting such differences.
education and training
- University of Akron - (Akron, Ohio, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1988
- M.A. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, University of Akron - (Akron, Ohio, United States) 1986
- B.A. in Business Management & Psychology, University of Northern Iowa - (Cedar Falls, Iowa, United States) 1980
- Barrick, M. R., & Parks-Leduc, L. (2018). Selection for Fit. Annual Review of Organizational Psychology and Organizational Behavior. 6(1), 1-23.
- Swider, B. W., Barrick, M. R., & Harris, T. B. (2016). Initial Impressions: What They Are, What They Are Not, and How They Influence Structured Interview Outcomes. Journal of Applied Psychology. 101(5), 625-638.
- Swider, B. W., Zimmerman, R. D., & Barrick, M. R. (2015). Searching for the Right Fit: Development of Applicant Person-Organization Fit Perceptions During the Recruitment Process. Journal of Applied Psychology. 100(3), 880-893.
- Barrick, M. R., Thurgood, G. R., Smith, T. A., & Courtright, S. H. (2015). Collective Organizational Engagement: Linking Motivational Antecedents, Strategic Implementation, and Firm Performance. Academy of Management Journal. 58(1), 111-135.
- Li, N., Barrick, M. R., Zimmerman, R. D., & Chiaburu, D. S. (2014). Retaining the Productive Employee: The Role of Personality. Academy of Management Annals. 8(1), 347-395.
- Barrick, M. R., & Mount, M. K. (2012). Nature and Use of Personality in Selection. The Oxford Handbook of Personnel Assessment and Selection. Oxford University Press.
- Barrick, M. R., & Mount, M. K. (2012). Nature and Use of Personality in Selection. The Oxford Handbook of Personnel Assessment and Selection.
- Schneider, B., & Smith, D. B. Personality and Organizations. Personality and Organizations. (pp. 61-85). Psychology Press.
in the news
awards and honors
- Fellow conferred by Academy of Management - (Briarcliff Manor, New York, United States) 2010
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Thurgood, Gary Roy (2016-12). Job Design, Personality Traits, and the Pursuit of Meaningful Work: A Configural Approach. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mistry, Sal (2014-05). Bridging the Macro-Micro Divide: An Examination of the Proximal Top Management Team Factors that Influence Strategy Implementation and Organizational Performance. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Li, Ning (2012-08). Is Everyone Created Equal? A Social Network Perspective on Personality in Teams. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Swider, Brian (2012-05). Applicant Attitudes across the Recruitment Process: Time is of the Essence. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Management; 4221 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4221