We are developing and applying Magnetic resonance techniques for the investigation of rapid processes and molecular dynamics. Hyperpolarization of nuclear spins yields unprecedented levels of signal, which enables us to acquire NMR spectra of reactions as they occur, in real time. Applications of these techniques include the fields of enzyme catalysis, reactions in organic chemistry, polymers, and more.
To enable the use of hyperpolarization in NMR, we develop new hardware and specially adapted NMR experiments, and investigate the dynamics of hyperpolarized spin systems.
Hand-in-hand with hyperpolarization, we use modern multi-dimensional NMR for the investigation of basic determinants of protein structure and function, including of membrane proteins.
- Kim, Y., Liu, M., & Hilty, C. (2018). Determination of binding affinities using hyperpolarized NMR with simultaneous 4-channel detection. JOURNAL OF MAGNETIC RESONANCE. 295, 80-86.
- Kim, Y., Chen, C. H., & Hilty, C. (2018). Direct observation of Ru-alkylidene forming into ethylene in ring-closing metathesis from hyperpolarized1H NMR. Chemical Communications. 54(34), 4333-4336.
- Chen, C. H., Wang, Y., & Hilty, C. (2018). Intermolecular interactions determined by NOE build-up in macromolecules from hyperpolarized small molecules. Methods. 138-139, 69-75.
- Liu, M., & Hilty, C. (2018). Metabolic Measurements of Nonpermeating Compounds in Live Cells Using Hyperpolarized NMR. Analytical® Chemistry. 90(2), 1217-1222.
- Liu, M., Kim, Y., & Hilty, C. (2017). Characterization of Chemical Exchange Using Relaxation Dispersion of Hyperpolarized Nuclear Spins. Analytical® Chemistry. 89(17), 9154-9158.
- Kim, Y., & Hilty, C. (2019). Applications of Dissolution-DNP for NMR Screening.. MACROMOLECULAR CRYSTALLOGRAPHY, PT D. Methods in Enzymology. (pp. 501-526). Elsevier.
- Kim, Y., Wang, Y., Chen, H. Y., & Hilty, C. (2018). In-vitro dissolution dynamic nuclear polarization for sensitivity enhancement of NMR with biological molecules. Methods in Molecular Biology. (pp. 155-168).
- Granwehr, J., Harel, E., Hilty, C., Garcia, S., Chavez, L., Pines, A., Sen, P. N., & Song, Y. (2007). Dispersion measurements using time-of-flight remote detection MRI. MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING. 25(4), 449-452.
- Winterhalter, M., Hilty, C., Bezrukov, S. M., Nardin, C., Meier, W., & Fournier, D. (2001). Controlling membrane permeability with bacterial porins: application to encapsulated enzymes. TALANTA. 55(5), 965-971.
- Fernandez, C., Hilty, C., Bonjour, S., Adeishvili, K., Pervushin, K., & Wuthrich, K. (2001). Solution NMR studies of the integral membrane proteins OmpX and OmpA from Escherichia coli. FEBS LETTERS. 504(3), 173-178.
- Association of Former Students Distinguished Achievement Awards, The conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - College-Level Teaching 2016
- Chen, Chia-Hsiu (2018-12). Characterization of Olefin Polymerization Reactions Using Dissolution Dynamic Nuclear Polarization. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Kim, Yaewon (2018-12). Methods for Ligand Screening by Dissolution DNP Assisted NMR Spectroscopy. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Zhang, Guannan (2017-12). The Application of Fast Correlation Methods with Dissolution DNP Enhanced NMR. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Chen, Hsueh-Ying (2015-05). Methods for Determination of Structure and Kinetics in the Study of Macromolecules Using Dissolution DNP NMR. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Sekar, Giridhar (2014-12). NMR Studies of Membrane Associating Peptides and Implications in Autotransporter Function. (Doctoral Dissertation)