Resilient and sustainable infrastructure systems
3D Printed Concrete Structures
Novel materials in structural applications
Aging infrastructure and long-term performance
Accelerated construction and retrofit
Computational structural mechanics for structural damage/collapse and long-term performance
Numerical methods and software development
Experimental methods and large-scale structural testing
Performance-based Engineering and Life-cycle Assessment
Reinforced concrete structures
Energy harvesting from structural vibrations
- Salehi, M., Sideris, P., & DesRoches, R. (2022). Numerical modeling of repaired reinforced concrete bridge columns. Engineering Structures. 253, 113801-113801.
- Mohammadgholibeyki, N., Nazari, F., Venkatraj, V., Koliou, M., Yan, W., Dixit, M., & Sideris, P. (2021). A decision-making framework for life-cycle energy and seismic loss assessment of buildings. STRUCTURE AND INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERING. 1-15.
- Salehi, M., Valigura, J., Sideris, P., & Liel, A. B. (2021). Experimental Assessment of Second-Generation Hybrid Sliding-Rocking Bridge Columns under Reversed Lateral Loading for Free and Fixed End Rotation Conditions. JOURNAL OF BRIDGE ENGINEERING. 26(10), 04021071.
- Nikoukalam, M. T., & Sideris, P. (2021). Experimental Performance Assessment of Large-Scale Polyurethane-Enhanced Damage-Resistant Bridge Columns with Energy Dissipation Links. I: Overview and Damage Assessment. JOURNAL OF STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING. (10),
- Nikoukalam, M. T., & Sideris, P. (2021). Experimental Performance Assessment of Large-Scale Polyurethane-Enhanced Damage-Resistant Bridge Columns with Energy Dissipation Links. II: Quantitative Results. JOURNAL OF STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING. 147(10), 04021156.
- Sideris, P., Aref, A., & Filiatrault, A. (2009). Development of a Simplified Element for Seismic Analysis of Segmental Bridges. Trends in Civil and Structural Engineering Computing. 209-223. Saxe-Coburg Publications.
- Sideris, P., & Koliou, M. (2020). The Role of Timely Actionable Student Feedback in Improving Instruction and Student Learning in Engineering Courses. 2020 ASEE Virtual Annual Conference Content Access Proceedings, 2020 ASEE Virtual Annual Conference Content Access Proceedings.
- Valigura, J., Liel, A. B., & Sideris, P. (2019). Consideration of post-repair performance in seismic loss assessment of structures. 13th International Conference on Applications of Statistics and Probability in Civil Engineering, ICASP 2019.
- Salehi, M., & Sideris, P. (2016). Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis of Hybrid Sliding-Rocking Bridges. Geotechnical and Structural Engineering Congress 2016, Geotechnical and Structural Engineering Congress 2016. 90-102.
- Madhusudhanan, S., & Sideris, P. (2015). Direct Displacement-Based Seismic Design and Validation for Hybrid Sliding-Rocking Bridge Substructure Systems. Structures Congress 2015, Structures Congress 2015. 497-513.
- Sideris, P., Aref, A. J., & Filiatrault, A. (2014). Nonlinear analysis of hybrid sliding-rocking post-tensioned segmental bridges. NCEE 2014 - 10th U.S. National Conference on Earthquake Engineering: Frontiers of Earthquake Engineering.
- Bridges With Limb-Inspired Architecture Could Withstand Earthquakes, Cut Repair Costs Texas A&M Today October 29, 2020
- Sliding-Rocking Bridge Designs More Durable and Lessens Repair AZO Build October 27, 2020
- Bridges with limb-inspired architecture can withstand earthquakes, cut repair costs ScienceDaily October 26, 2020
- Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation Scholarship conferred by Alexander S Onassis Public Benefit Foundation - (Athens, Greece) - This lasted until 2012. 2010