Kerins, Carolyn individual record
- Associate Professor, Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry
education and training
- Cert. in Pediatric Dentistry, Texas A&M Health Science Center - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2005
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences, Texas A&M Health Science Center - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2004
- D.D.S. in , Texas A&M Health Science Center - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2002
- B.S. in Biology, Southern Methodist University - (Dallas, Texas, United States) 1993
- Hinze, T. y., McDonald, C., Kerins, C. A., & McWhorter, A. G. (2020). Child Life Interventions for Pediatric Dental Patients: A Pilot Study.. Pediatr Dent. 42(4), 252-255.
- Patterson, K. K., Ritwik, P., Kerins, C. A., & Adewumi, A. (2020). Real-time measurement for effectiveness of novel educational endeavors during the COVID-19 pandemic.. J Dent Educ. 85(Suppl 1), 1020-1021.
- Cook, A. K., Kerins, C. A., & Heppner, C. E (2016). Dental Impacts on Health-related Quality of Life of Children with Orofacial Clefts.. Pediatr Dent. 38(3), 218-223.
- Hinze, E. S., Casamassimo, P. S., Seale, N. S., McIlroy, M., Kerins, C. A., & McWhorter, A. G. (2014). Relative value of oral health in well-child care: a survey of pediatricians in Texas and Ohio.. J Dent Child (Chic). 81(2), 84-90.
- Ciesla, D., Kerins, C. A., Seale, N. S., & Casamassimo, P. S. (2011). Characteristics of dental clinics in US children's hospitals.. Pediatr Dent. 33(2), 100-106.
- Bellinger, L. L., King, C. M., Hutchins, B., Spears, R. D., Kerins, C. A., & Kramer, P. R. (2005). Meal duration is a marker of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain in female rats. FASEB JOURNAL. 19(4), A241-A241.
- Bellinger, L. L., Hutchins, R. J., Kerins, C. A., Kramer, P. R., Spears, R. D., & Carlson, D. S. (2003). Effects of peripheral injection of complete Freund's adjuvant (CFA) on meal patterns; comparison to temporomandibular joint (TMJ) injection. FASEB JOURNAL. 17(4), A740-A740.
- Kerins, C. A., Harper, R. P., McIntosh, J. E., & Bellinger, L. L. (2000). Adjuvant induced temporomandibular joint (TMJ) inflammation. FASEB JOURNAL. 14(4), A262-A262.
- Nguyen, T., Hansen, K. L., Kerins, C. A., Harper, R. P., Bellinger, L. L., & Spears, R. (2000). Estrogen may modulate NGF in adjuvant-induced inflammation of the rat TMJ.. JOURNAL OF DENTAL RESEARCH. 79, 526-526.
recent teaching activities
- PEDD611 Pediatric Dentistry I Instructor
- PEDD612 Pediatric Dentistry Ii Instructor
- PEDD613 Pediatric Dentistry Iii Instructor
- PEDD614 Pediatric Dentistry Iv Instructor
- PEDD615 Pediatric Dentistry V Instructor
chaired theses and dissertations
- Bhaumik, Abhishek (2015-12). The Evaluation of Child Life as a Safer Alternative to Pharmacological Behavior Management for Children with Objective Dental Fear. (Master's Thesis)
- Matson, Philip (2015-08). A Clinical Evaluation of Comfort from the Use of Cooling as an Adjunct to the Traditional Use of Pressure for Nasopalatine Blocks. (Master's Thesis)
- Cook, Angela (2015-05). Quality of Life Associations with Caries Experience and Behavioral Challenges in the Dental Setting Among Children with Orofacial Clefts. (Master's Thesis)
- McCoy, Kevin Gerald (2014-12). Effects of Xylitol and Stimulated Salivary Flow on Calculus Accumulation in Gastrostomy Tube-Fed Patients: A Pilot Study. (Master's Thesis)
- McFarland, Taylor BH (2014-08). The Five-Year Effectiveness of the Texas First Dental Home Program. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University College of Dentistry; Pediatric Dentistry; 3302 Gaston Ave
Dallas, TX 75246