- Faculty Affiliate, Energy Institute
- Assistant Professor, Engineering Technology and Industrial Distribution, College of Engineering
My laboratory focuses on inventing new or modifying the current manufacturing methods to develop polymer composites with engineered microstructure and performance. Our research promotes new levels of performance, capability, cost reduction and efficiency in different sectors of industries such as automotive, aerospace, marine, biomedical, energy, and buildings.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering, University of Manitoba - (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) 2013
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology - (Tehran, Iran) 2006
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology - (Tehran, Iran) 2004
- Asadi, A., Baaij, F., Moon, R. J., Harris, T. A., & Kalaitzidou, K. (2019). Lightweight alternatives to glass fiber/epoxy sheet molding compound composites: A feasibility study. JOURNAL OF COMPOSITE MATERIALS. 53(14), 1985-2000.
- Ali, S., Mohamed, E. M., Ozkan, T., Kuttolamadom, M. A., Khan, M. A., Asadi, A., & Rahman, Z. (2019). Understanding the effects of formulation and process variables on the printlets quality manufactured by selective laser sintering 3D printing. Int J Pharm. 570, 118651-118651.
- Asadi, A., Abusrea, M. R., Arakawa, K., Colton, J., & Kalaitzidou, K. (2018). A comparison of CFRP composite laminated joints fabricated with vacuum assisted resin transfer molding. Express Polymer Letters. 12(9), 781-789.
- Asadi, A., Baaij, F., Mainka, H., Rademacher, M., Thompson, J., & Kalaitzidou, K. (2017). Basalt fibers as a sustainable and cost-effective alternative to glass fibers in sheet molding compound (SMC). COMPOSITES PART B-ENGINEERING. 123, 210-218.
- Asadi, A., Miller, M., Singh, A. V., Moon, R. J., & Kalaitzidou, K. (2017). Lightweight sheet molding compound (SMC) composites containing cellulose nanocrystals. COMPOSITE STRUCTURES. 160, 211-219.
- Asadi, A., & Kalaitzidou, K. (2018). Process-Structure-Property Relationship in Polymer Nanocomposites. Experimental Characterization, Predictive Mechanical and Thermal Modeling of Nanostructures and Their Polymer Composites. (pp. 25-100). Elsevier.
- KUMAR, A., BUDHANI, A., TRAN, M., & ASADI, A. (2018). Improving the Interlaminar Strength of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composite Laminates Using Cellulose Nanocrystals. 3, 1621-1625.
- Asadi, A., Baaij, F., Moon, R., & Kalaitzidou, K. (2017). Cellulose Nanocrystals for Lightweight Sheet Molding Compounds Composites. 1, 212-217.
- Asadi, A., Baaij, F., Moon, R. J., & Kalaitzidou, K. (2017). Cellulose nanomaterials and basalt fibres: An approach towards light-weighting in sheet moulding compounds. 2017-August,
- ASADI, A., BAAIJ, F., MOON, R. J., & KALAITZIDOU, K. (2017). Comparative Study of Lightweight Glass Fiber and Basalt Fiber Sheet Molding Compound (SMC) Composites Containing Cellulose Nanocrystals. 1, 328-337.
- Baaij, F., Asadi, A., Mainka, H., Rademacher, M., Thompson, J., & Kalaitzidou, K. (2017). Feasibility study of using basalt fibers in sheet molding compounds (SMC). 1607-1620.