My research uses transdisciplinary modeling approaches to address public health challenges for a wide range of infectious diseases. A focus of my research has been to develop data-driven models to 1) understand and predict epidemiological risk, patterns, and burden of infectious diseases, 2) identify and evaluate optimal strategies for disease control and prevention, and 3) perform economic analyses of public health intervention measures for preventing or curtailing disease outbreaks. Such research is paramount for informing public health policy for infectious diseases prevention and control and ultimately saving lives.
- Ph.D. in Mathematical Biology, University of Cambridge - (Cambridge, United Kingdom) 2010
- in Applied Mathematics, University of Cambridge - (Cambridge, United Kingdom) 2006
- M.Sc. in Mathematics, Stellenbosch University - (Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa) 2005
- B.Sc. in Mathematics, Universite de Yaounde I - (Yaoundé, Cameroon) 2003
- King, C. H., Yoon, N., Wang, X., Lo, N. C., Alsallaq, R., Ndeffo-Mbah, M., Li, E., & Gurarie, D. (2020). Application of Schistosomiasis Consortium for Operational Research and Evaluation Study Findings to Refine Predictive Modeling of Schistosoma mansoni and Schistosoma haematobium Control in Sub-Saharan Africa.. The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.
- Castaño, M. S., Ndeffo-Mbah, M. L., Rock, K. S., Palmer, C., Knock, E., Miaka, E. M., ... Chitnis, N. (2020). Assessing the impact of aggregating disease stage data in model predictions of human African trypanosomiasis transmission and control activities in Bandundu province (DRC). PLOS NEGLECTED TROPICAL DISEASES. 14(1), e0007976-e0007976.
- Olson, M. F., Ndeffo-Mbah, M. L., Juarez, J. G., Garcia-Luna, S., Martin, E., Borucki, M. K., ... Hamer, G. L. (2020). High Rate of Non-Human Feeding by Aedes aegypti Reduces Zika Virus Transmission in South Texas. VIRUSES-BASEL. 12(4), 453-453.
- Eksin, C., Ndeffo-Mbah, M., & Weitz, J. S. (2020). Reacting to outbreaks at neighboring localities. 2020.04.24.20078808.
- Bai, Y., Wang, X., Huang, Q., Wang, H., Gurarie, D., Ndeffo-Mbah, M., ... Zhao, H. (2020). SARS-CoV-2 infection in health care workers: a retrospective analysis and a model study. 2020.03.29.20047159.