My research uses transdisciplinary modeling approaches to address public health challenges for a wide range of infectious diseases. A focus of my research has been to develop data-driven models to 1) understand and predict epidemiological risk, patterns, and burden of infectious diseases, 2) identify and evaluate optimal strategies for disease control and prevention, and 3) perform economic analyses of public health intervention measures for preventing or curtailing disease outbreaks. Such research is paramount for informing public health policy for infectious diseases prevention and control and ultimately saving lives.
- Ph.D. in Mathematical Biology, University of Cambridge - (Cambridge, United Kingdom) 2010
- University of Cambridge - (Cambridge, United Kingdom) 2006
- M.Sc. in Mathematics, Stellenbosch University - (Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa) 2005
- B.Sc. in Mathematics, Universite de Yaounde I - (Yaoundé, Cameroon) 2003
- Chiu, W. A., & Ndeffo-Mbah, M. L. (2021). Using test positivity and reported case rates to estimate state-level COVID-19 prevalence and seroprevalence in the United States. PLOS Computational Biology. 17(9), e1009374-e1009374.
- Eksin, C., Ndeffo-Mbah, M., & Weitz, J. S. (2021). Reacting to outbreaks at neighboring localities.. J Theor Biol. 520, 110632-110632.
- Nsoesie, E. O., Oladeji, O., Abah, A., & Ndeffo-Mbah, M. L. (2021). Forecasting influenza-like illness trends in Cameroon using Google Search Data.. Sci Rep. 11(1), 6713.
- Yechezkel, M., Ndeffo Mbah, M. L., & Yamin, D. (2021). Optimizing antiviral treatment for seasonal influenza in the USA: a mathematical modeling analysis.. BMC Med. 19(1), 54.
- Huang, Q., Mondal, A., Jiang, X., Horn, M. A., Fan, F., Fu, P., ... Gurarie, D. (2021). SARS-CoV-2 transmission and control in a hospital setting: an individual-based modelling study.. R Soc Open Sci. 8(3), 201895.
Repository Documents / Preprints7
- Tan, Y., Cator, D., Ndeffo-Mbah, M., & Braga-Neto, U. (2021). A stochastic metapopulation state-space approach to modeling and estimating Covid-19 spread.
- Huang, Q., Ndeffo-Mbah, M., Mondal, A., Lee, S., & Gurarie, D. (2021). Individual-based modeling of COVID-19 transmission in college communities.
- Huang, Q., Mondal, A., Jiang, X., Horn, M. A., Fan, F., Fu, P., ... Gurarie, D. (2020). SARS-CoV-2 transmission and control in a hospital setting: an individual-based modelling study.
- Eksin, C., Ndeffo-Mbah, M., & Weitz, J. S. (2020). Reacting to outbreaks at neighboring localities.
- Chiu, W. A., Fischer, R., & Ndeffo-Mbah, M. L. (2020). State-level needs for social distancing and contact tracing to contain COVID-19 in the United States .
- Texas A&M researcher uses interdisciplinary modeling to help shape local health policy KBTX-TV 3 News June 8, 2021
- Transdisciplinary modeling: Using data to combat disease outbreaks Research@Texas A&M June 3, 2021