My research uses transdisciplinary modeling approaches to address public health challenges for a wide range of infectious diseases. A focus of my research has been to develop data-driven models to 1) understand and predict epidemiological risk, patterns, and burden of infectious diseases, 2) identify and evaluate optimal strategies for disease control and prevention, and 3) perform economic analyses of public health intervention measures for preventing or curtailing disease outbreaks. Such research is paramount for informing public health policy for infectious diseases prevention and control and ultimately saving lives.
- Ph.D. in Mathematical Biology, University of Cambridge - (Cambridge, United Kingdom) 2010
- University of Cambridge - (Cambridge, United Kingdom) 2006
- M.Sc. in Mathematics, Stellenbosch University - (Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa) 2005
- B.Sc. in Mathematics, Universite de Yaounde I - (Yaoundé, Cameroon) 2003
- Nsoesie, E. O., Oladeji, O., Abah, A., & Ndeffo-Mbah, M. L. (2021). Forecasting influenza-like illness trends in Cameroon using Google Search Data. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. 11(1), 6713.
- Yechezkel, M., Ndeffo Mbah, M. L., & Yamin, D. (2021). Optimizing antiviral treatment for seasonal influenza in the USA: a mathematical modeling analysis. BMC Medicine. 19(1), 54.
- Eksin, C., Ndeffo-Mbah, M., & Weitz, J. S. (2021). Reacting to outbreaks at neighboring localities. Journal of Theoretical Biology. 520, 110632-110632.
- Huang, Q., Mondal, A., Jiang, X., Horn, M. A., Fan, F., Fu, P., ... Gurarie, D. (2021). SARS-CoV-2 transmission and control in a hospital setting: an individual-based modelling study. Royal Society Open Science. 8(3), 201895.
- Wang, X., Jiang, X., Huang, Q., Wang, H., Gurarie, D., Ndeffo-Mbah, M., ... Bai, Y. (2020). Risk factors of SARS-CoV-2 infection in healthcare workers: a retrospective study of a nosocomial outbreak. Sleep Medicine X. 2, 100028-100028.