Langari, Gholamreza individual record
Professor and Head
- Faculty Affiliate, Energy Institute
- Professor and Head, Engineering Technology and Industrial Distribution, College of Engineering
My research focuses on Computational Intelligence, Mechatronics, Dynamic Systems and Control, Robotics and Automation, Autonomous Vehicles, Fault Diagnosis and Identification (FDI), and Rehabilitation Robotics.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley - (Berkeley, California, United States) 1991
- M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley - (Berkeley, California, United States) 1983
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley - (Berkeley, California, United States) 1981
- Wahid, F., Tafreshi, R., & Langari, R. (2020). A Multi-Window Majority Voting Strategy to Improve Hand Gesture Recognition Accuracies Using Electromyography Signal. IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng. 28(2), 427-436.
- Shen, F., Langari, R., & Yan, R. (2020). Transfer between Multiple Machine Plants: A Modified Fast Self-Organizing Feature Map and Two-order Selective Ensemble based Fault Diagnosis Strategy. MEASUREMENT. 151, 107155-107155.
- Jin, F., Pei, L., Chen, H., Langari, R., & Liu, J. (2019). A Novel Decision-Making Model with Pythagorean Fuzzy Linguistic Information Measures and Its Application to a Sustainable Blockchain Product Assessment Problem. SUSTAINABILITY. 11(20), 5630-5630.
- Yoo, J., & Langari, R. (2019). A Predictive Perception Model and Control Strategy for Collision-Free Autonomous Driving. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems. 20(11), 4078-4091.
- Chen, G., Chen, S., Langari, R., Li, X. u., & Zhang, W. (2019). Driver-Behavior-Based Adaptive Steering Robust Nonlinear Control of Unmanned Driving Robotic Vehicle With Modeling Uncertainties and Disturbance Observer. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON VEHICULAR TECHNOLOGY. 68(8), 8183-8190.
- Morris, A. S., & Langari, R. (2015). Measurement and Instrumentation: Theory and Application. Academic Press.
- Langari, G. (2012). Dynamics, Vibration and Control. Wiley Custom Learning Solutions.
- Langari, R. (2012). Measurement and Instrumentation. Elsevier.
- Morris, A. S., & Langari, R. (2012). Measurement and Instrumentation Theory and Application. Academic Press.
- Yen, J., & Langari, R. (1999). Fuzzy Logic Intelligence, Control, and Information.
- Kim, Y., Kim, C., & Langari, R. (2012). Neuromorphic smart controller for seismically excited structures. Design Optimization of Active and Passive Structural Control Systems. (pp. 216-233). IGI Global.
- Kim, Y., Langari, R., & Hurlebaus, S. (2011). Identification and control of large smart structures. Engineering Physics and Mechanics: Analyses, Prediction and Applications. (pp. 295-360).
- Kim, Y., Hurlebaus, S., & Langari, R. (2009). Fuzzy Control of Large Civil Structures Subjected to Natural Hazards. Recent Advances in Intelligent Control Systems. (pp. 3-20). Springer London.
- Zhangl, Q., Filev, D., Tseng, H. E., Szwabowski, S., & Langari, R. (2019). A game theoretic four-stage model predictive controller for highway driving. 2014 American Control Conference. 2019-July, 1375-1381.
- Coskun, S., Zhang, Q., & Langari, R. (2019). Receding horizon markov game autonomous driving strategy. 2014 American Control Conference. 2019-July, 1367-1374.
- Zhang, F., Xu, K., Li, L., & Langari, R. (2019). Comparative Study of Equivalent Factor Adjustment Algorithm for Equivalent Consumption Minimization Strategy for HEVs**Research supported by Shaanxi Provincial Department of Education.. 2018 IEEE VEHICLE POWER AND PROPULSION CONFERENCE (VPPC). 1-6.
- Soltani-Zarrin, R., Zeiaee, A., Langari, R., & Tafreshi, R. (2018). A Computational Approach for Human-Like Motion Generation in Upper Limb Exoskeletons Supporting Scapulohumeral Rhythms. 1-2.
- Wahid, F., Tafreshi, R., Al-Sowaidi, M., & Langari, R. (2018). An Efficient Approach to Recognize Hand Gestures Using Machine-Learning Algorithms. 2014 Middle East Conference on Biomedical Engineering (MECBME). 2018-March, 171-176.
- (2000). Fuzzy Control Synthesis and Analysis. Wiley.
- (1995). Industrial applications of fuzzy logic and intelligent systems. Inst of Electrical %26.
awards and honors
- J. Mike Walker ’66 Faculty Graduate Teaching Award conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - Department of Mechanical Engineering 2004
- Faculty Fellow conferred by Bechtel - (San Francisco, California, United States) - in Mechanical Engineering 2000
chaired theses and dissertations
- Sung, Hsin-Chuan (2015-05). Balancing Robot Control and Implementation. (Master's Thesis)
- Lin, Chen-Han (2014-12). A Hybrid Model Based and Statistical Fault Diagnosis System for Industrial Process. (Master's Thesis)
- Waikar, Shraddha Prakash (2011-05). Sorting of Coffee Beans for 'Potato Defect' in East African Countries. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Engineering Technology; 3367 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3367