Our research activities combine organic syntheses, polymerization strategies and polymer modification reactions in creative ways to afford unique macromolecular structures, which have been designed as functional nanostructures, polymer systems having unique macromolecular architectures, and/or degradable polymers. The emphasis is upon the incorporation of functions and functionalities into selective regions of polymer frameworks. In some cases, the function is added at the small molecule, monomer, stage, prior to polymerization, whereas, in other cases, chemical modifications are performed upon polymers or at the nanostructure level; each requires a strategic balance of chemical reactivity and the ultimate composition and structure.
- Chen, Q., Shah, K. N., Zhang, F., Salazar, A. J., Shah, P. N., Li, R., ... Cannon, C. L. (2019). Minocycline and Silver Dual-Loaded Polyphosphoester-Based Nanoparticles for Treatment of Resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa.. Molecular Pharmaceutics. 16(4), 1606-1619.
- Leonhardt, E. E., Kang, N., Hamad, M. A., Wooley, K. L., & Elsabahy, M. (2019). Absorbable hemostatic hydrogels comprising composites of sacrificial templates and honeycomb-like nanofibrous mats of chitosan. Nature Communications. 10(1), 2307.
- Heo, G. S., Zhao, Y., Sultan, D., Zhang, X., Detering, L., Luehmann, H. P., ... Liu, Y. (2019). Assessment of Copper Nanoclusters for Accurate in Vivo Tumor Imaging and Potential for Translation. ACS applied materials & interfaces. 11(22), 19669-19678.
- Dong, M., Wessels, M. G., Lee, J. Y., Su, L. u., Wang, H., Letteri, R. A., ... Wooley, K. L. (2019). Experiments and Simulations of Complex Sugar-Based Coil-Brush Block Polymer Nanoassemblies in Aqueous Solution.. ACS NANO.
- Wacker, K. T., Weems, A. C., Lim, S., Khan, S., Felder, S. E., Dove, A. P., & Wooley, K. L. (2019). Harnessing the Chemical Diversity of the Natural Product Magnolol for the Synthesis of Renewable, Degradable Neolignan Thermosets with Tunable Thermomechanical Characteristics and Antioxidant Activity. BIOMACROMOLECULES. 20(1), 109-117.
- CauÃ«t, S. I., Lee, N. S., Lin, L. Y., & Wooley, K. L. (2012). Individual Nano-Objects Obtained via Hierarchical Assembly of Polymer Building Blocks. Polymer Science: A Comprehensive Reference, 10 Volume Set. (pp. 775-820).
- Chen, Z., Cheng, C., Germack, D. S., Gopalan, P., Van Horn, B. A., Venkataraman, S., & Wooley, K. L. (2011). Complex Functional Macromolecules. Macromolecular Engineering: Precise Synthesis, Materials Properties, Applications. (pp. 1341-1385).
- Zhang, S., Langer, R., & Wooley, K. L. (2015). Simple, novel and applicable strategies for innovative medical solutions. 318.
- Link, L. A., Lonnecker, A. T., Hearon, K., Raymond, J. E., Maitland, D. J., & Wooley, K. L. (2014). Quinic acid-based degradable poly(thioether-co-carbonate) networks via thiol-ene crosslinking. ACS Photonics. 247,
- Heo, G. S., Cho, S., & Wooley, K. L. (2014). Aldehyde-functional polycarbonates as reactive platforms. ACS Photonics. 248,
- Wooley, K. L. (2014). Award Address (ACS Award in Polymer Chemistry sponsored by ExxonMobil Chemical Company). Targeted applications as inspirations to develop strategies toward functionally-sophisticated nanoscopic macromolecules with diverse compositions, structures, and properties. ACS Photonics. 247,
- Zhang, F., Smolen, J. A., Zhang, S., Raymond, J. E., Li, R., Shah, P. N., ... Wooley, K. L. (2014). Design and synthesis of degradable polyphosphoester-based nanoparticles carrying silver-based antimicrobials as therapeutics for lung infections. ACS Photonics. 247,
- Presidential Fellow conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - Lifetime Entitlement, Inaugural Class 2017
- Association of Former Students Distinguished Achievement Awards, The conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - University-Level Research 2016
- Association of Former Students Distinguished Achievement Awards, The conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - College-Level Teaching 2016
- Oesper Award conferred by American Chemical Society - (Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States) - University of Cincinnati Section 2015
- Zigmond, Jennifer Summerhill (2016-12). Development and Testing of Intricate, Amphiphilic Crosslinked Hyperbranched Fluoropolymers with Integrated Liquid Crystalline Properties as Anti-Icing Coatings in Aerospace and Defense Applications. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Link, Lauren A (2015-12). Degradable Polycarbonate Networks Derived from Quinic Acid and Designed for Biomedical Applications. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Zhang, Fuwu (2015-08). Design and Development of Polymeric Nanoparticles for the Delivery of Therapeutics. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Lim, Young (2015-08). Development of Polyphosphoester-Based Polymeric Nanoparticles as Delivery Carriers for Silver-Based Antimicrobial Agents for Treatment of Infectious Diseases. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Cho, Sangho (2015-08). Advanced Photoresist Technologies by Intricate Molecular Brush Architectures. (Doctoral Dissertation)