Our research activities combine organic syntheses, polymerization strategies and polymer modification reactions in creative ways to afford unique macromolecular structures, which have been designed as functional nanostructures, polymer systems having unique macromolecular architectures, and/or degradable polymers. The emphasis is upon the incorporation of functions and functionalities into selective regions of polymer frameworks. In some cases, the function is added at the small molecule, monomer, stage, prior to polymerization, whereas, in other cases, chemical modifications are performed upon polymers or at the nanostructure level; each requires a strategic balance of chemical reactivity and the ultimate composition and structure.
- Nguyen, T. P., Easley, A. D., Kang, N., Khan, S., Lim, S., Rezenom, Y. H., ... Wooley, K. L. (2021). Polypeptide organic radical batteries. NATURE. 593(7857), 61-66.
- Elsabahy, M., Song, Y., Eissa, N. G., Khan, S., Hamad, M. A., & Wooley, K. L. (2021). Morphologic design of sugar-based polymer nanoparticles for delivery of antidiabetic peptides. Journal of Controlled Release. 334, 1-10.
- Pectol, D. C., Khan, S., Elsabahy, M., Wooley, K. L., Lim, S., & Darensbourg, M. Y. (2020). Effects of Glutathione and Histidine on NO Release from a Dimeric Dinitrosyl Iron Complex (DNIC).. Inorg Chem. 59(23), 16998-17008.
- Lin, Y., Khan, S., Song, Y., Dong, M., Shen, Y., Tran, D. K., ... Wooley, K. L. (2020). A Tale of Drug-Carrier Optimization: Controlling Stimuli Sensitivity via Nanoparticle Hydrophobicity through Drug Loading.. Nano Letters. 20(9), 6563-6571.
- Song, Y., Yang, X., Shen, Y., Dong, M., Lin, Y., Hall, M. B., & Wooley, K. L. (2020). Invoking Side-Chain Functionality for the Mediation of Regioselectivity during Ring-Opening Polymerization of Glucose Carbonates.. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY. 142(40), 16974-16981.
- Cauët, S. I., Lee, N. S., Lin, L. Y., & Wooley, K. L. (2012). Individual Nano-Objects Obtained via Hierarchical Assembly of Polymer Building Blocks. Polymer Science: A Comprehensive Reference, 10 Volume Set. (pp. 775-820). Elsevier.
- Chen, Z., Cheng, C., Germack, D. S., Gopalan, P., van Horn, B. A., Venkataraman, S., & Wooley, K. L. (2007). Complex Functional Macromolecules. Macromolecular Engineering. (pp. 1341-1385). Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA.
- Zhang, S., Langer, R., & Wooley, K. L. (2015). Simple, novel and applicable strategies for innovative medical solutions. 318.
- Heo, G. S., Cho, S., & Wooley, K. L. (2014). Aldehyde-functional polycarbonates as reactive platforms. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 248,
- Seetho, K., Lynd, N. A., Raymond, J. E., Hawker, C. J., & Wooley, K. L. (2014). Determining the extent of interaction of zwitterionic vs. blended ionic polymers for use in supramolecular self-assembly via thermal and mechanical characterization. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 248,
- Borguet, Y. P., Noel, A. C., Lim, Y. H., Gunsten, S. P., Brody, S. L., Parameswar, A. R., Taylor, J., & Wooley, K. L. (2014). Development of phosphonium-based shell-crosslinked knedel-like nanoparticles for gene delivery. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 248,
- Noel, A., Borguet, Y. P., Raymond, J. E., & Wooley, K. L. (2014). Poly(ferulic acid-co-tyrosine), a poly(carbonate-amide) derived from bio-based resources: Synthesis and characterization. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 248,
- Committee Announced to Find Next President of Texas A&M KBTX September 3, 2020
- Texas A&M Announces Members And Charge Of Commission On Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Texas A&M Today July 13, 2020
- Chemists Elected to National Academy of Sciences Chemical and Engineering News May 4, 2020
- Texas A&M Chemist Karen Wooley Elected To National Academy of Sciences Texas A&M Today April 29, 2020
- Presidential Impact Fellows conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - Lifetime Entitlement, Inaugural Class 2017
- Association of Former Students University-Level Distinguished Achievement Award, The conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - University-Level Research 2016
- Zigmond, Jennifer Summerhill (2016-12). Development and Testing of Intricate, Amphiphilic Crosslinked Hyperbranched Fluoropolymers with Integrated Liquid Crystalline Properties as Anti-Icing Coatings in Aerospace and Defense Applications. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Link, Lauren A (2015-12). Degradable Polycarbonate Networks Derived from Quinic Acid and Designed for Biomedical Applications. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Zhang, Fuwu (2015-08). Design and Development of Polymeric Nanoparticles for the Delivery of Therapeutics. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Lim, Young (2015-08). Development of Polyphosphoester-Based Polymeric Nanoparticles as Delivery Carriers for Silver-Based Antimicrobial Agents for Treatment of Infectious Diseases. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Cho, Sangho (2015-08). Advanced Photoresist Technologies by Intricate Molecular Brush Architectures. (Doctoral Dissertation)