Professor Huang's areas of interest lie in design programming and _methodology, urban and community design, therapeutic garden design, design communication, and interdisciplinary design education. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Planners and a registered Landscape Architect in the State of Texas.
- M.F.A. in , University of Pennsylvania - (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States) 1995
- Ph.D. in City and Regional Planning, University of Pennsylvania - (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States) 1995
- M.L.A. in , Pennsylvania State University - (State College, Pennsylvania, United States) 1992
- B.Arch. in , Tsinghua University - (Beijing, Beijing, China) 1983
- Lee, H. S., Shepley, M., & Huang, C. S. (2009). Evaluation of off-leash dog parks in Texas and Florida: A study of use patterns, user satisfaction, and perception. LANDSCAPE AND URBAN PLANNING. 92(3-4), 314-324.
- Teal, M., Huang, C. S., & Rodiek, J. (1998). Open space planning for Travis Country, Austin, Texas: A collaborative design. LANDSCAPE AND URBAN PLANNING. 42(2-4), 259-268.
- Yang, Bo (2009-08). Ecohydrological Planning for The Woodlands: Lessons Learned After 35 Years. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Lee, Hyung-Sook (2007-08). A study of use patterns, user satisfaction and willingness to pay for off-leash dog parks: post-occupancy evaluations of four dog parks in Texas and Florida. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Sukolratanametee, Sineenart (2006-08). Pedestrian-oriented design and sense of community: a comparative study. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Wang, Keda (2005-05). The aesthetic principles of soundscape in architectural design and built environment. (Master's Thesis)