Mukherjee, Rajiv individual record
- Assistant Professor, Information and Operations Management, Mays Business School
Rajiv's research agenda is driven by the challenges faced by a firm that undergoes transformation from a product-based business to a platform business model which caters to multiple sides of the market. He examines digital platform design, innovation and pricing strategies for platforms using methodologies that include quantitative modeling, experiment design and machine learning. More specifically, Rajiv has studied the role of authentication in matching markets (e.g., dating and labor markets), impact of consumer's adoption behavior (e.g., multihoming) in the presence of competing platforms, information economics of platforms preannouncements, and the role of consumer behavior on subscription pricing in platform settings.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Information Systems (IROM), The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States) 2013
- Barua, A., & Mukherjee, R. (2021). MULTI-HOMING REVISITED: LEVEL OF ADOPTION AND COMPETITIVE STRATEGIES. MIS QUARTERLY. 45(2), 897-924.
- Chellappa, R. K., & Mukherjee, R. (2021). Platform Preannouncement Strategies: The Strategic Role of Information in Two-Sided Markets Competition. MANAGEMENT SCIENCE. 67(3), 1527-1545.
- Basu, A., Bhaskaran, S., & Mukherjee, R. (2019). An Analysis of search and Authentication Strategies for Online Matching Platforms. MANAGEMENT SCIENCE. 65(5), 2412-2431.
recent teaching activities
- BUAD689 Sptp: Platform Analytics Instructor
- BUSN489 Sptp: Building A Platform Busi Instructor
- ISTM682 Data Analytics Platforms Instructor
- ISTM689 Sptp: Web And Soc Media Anyl Instructor
- ISTM689 Sptp:web And Soc Media Anyl Instructor