The research interests of Dr. Naraghi include light weight and multifunctional materials, with an emphasis on carbonized micro and nanoscale reinforcements for energy-related applications, including wind energy sector and flywheels. He is an expert in the application of microelectromechanical system devices to characterize nanoscale materials.
- Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign - (Urbana, Illinois, United States) 2009
- M.Sc. in Civil Engineering, Sharif University of Technology - (Tehran, Iran) 2004
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering, Sharif University of Technology - (Tehran, Iran) 2002
- Chen, Y., Boyd, J. G., & Naraghi, M. (2022). Encapsulation and on-demand release of functional materials from conductive nanofibers via electrical signals. Multifunctional Materials. 5(1), 015003-015003.
- Eaton, J., Naraghi, M., & Boyd, J. G. (2022). Evaluating multifunctional efficiency of a structural battery composite via thermo-electro-chemical modeling. Multifunctional Materials. 5(1), 015001-015001.
- Cai, J., Kuo-Leblanc, C., & Naraghi, M. (2021). Nanomechanical tests on continuous near-field electrospun PAN nanofibers reveal abnormal mechanical and morphology size effects. Polymer. 237, 124341-124341.
- Kavosi, J., Sarikaya, S., Creasy, T. S., & Naraghi, M (2021). Identification of the effect of nanofiller morphology on interlaminar fracture toughness of hybrid composites. Journal of Composite Materials. 55(21), 2899-2910.
- Patil, N., Oh, J. H., Khatri, S., Saed, M. A., Naraghi, M., & Green, M. J. (2021). Radio Frequency Heating Response of Polyacrylonitrile (PAN) Films and Nanofiber Mats. ACS Applied Polymer Materials. 3(6), 3125-3130.
- Gardea, F., Lagoudas, D., & Naraghi, M. (2016). Active Damping in Polymer-Based Nanocomposites. Ralph, C., Silberstein, M., Thakre, P. R., & Singh, R. (Eds.), Mechanics of Composite and Multi-functional Materials, Volume 7. 235-239. Springer International Publishing.
- Naraghi, M. (2013). Graphitic carbon nanomaterials for multifunctional nanocomposites. Smart Composites: Mechanics and Design. 77-98.
- Espinosa, H. D., Filleter, T., & Naraghi, M (2013). Multiscale Experimental Mechanics of Hierarchical Carbon-Based Materials. Nano and Cell Mechanics. 95-127. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Naraghi, M., & Chasiotis, I. (2009). Mechanics of PAN Nanofibers. Major Accomplishments in Composite Materials and Sandwich Structures. 757-778. Springer Netherlands.
- Eaton, J., Naraghi, M., & Boyd, J. (2022). Computational Insights into Power Capability of Load-Bearing Structural Batteries in Electric Aircraft. AIAA SCITECH 2022 Forum, AIAA SCITECH 2022 Forum.
- Sarikaya, S., Gardea, F., Auletta, J., Kavosi, J., Langrock, A., Mackie, D., & Naraghi, M. (2021). Investigation of Actuation-Size Effects in pH-Responsive Polymer Artificial Muscles. AIAA Scitech 2021 Forum, AIAA Scitech 2021 Forum.
- Morikawa, K., Green, M., & Naraghi, M. (2018). A Novel Approach for Melt Electrospinning of Polymer Fibers. Procedia Manufacturing. 26, 205-208.
- Cai, J., & Naraghi, M. (2018). Effect of Templating Graphitization of Functionalized SWNTs on Mechanical Properties of Hot-drawn Carbon Nanofibers. 2018 AIAA/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials Conference, 2018 AIAA/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials Conference. (210049),
- Cai, J., & Naraghi, M. (2018). Electrospun Carbon Nanofiber with Controllable Waviness for Stretchable Electronics. 2018 AIAA/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials Conference, 2018 AIAA/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials Conference. (210049),
- Sarikaya, Sevketcan (2019-08). The Effects of Graphene Size and Morphology on Damping Properties of Polymer Nanocomposites. (Master's Thesis)
- Cai, Jizhe (2018-05). The Effect of Templated Graphitization on Electromechanical Properties of Carbon Nanofiber. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Chawla, Sneha Anil (2017-05). Microstructure-Mechanical Property Relationships in Carbon Nanofibers. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Colbert, Keegan David (2016-05). An Experimentally Verified Model for Thermal Microactuators Including Nonlinear Material Properties, Radiation, and Intra-Device Heat Conduction. (Master's Thesis)
- Hong, Seokjin (2015-12). Controlling the Wettability and Adhesion of Carbon Fibers with Polymer Interfaces via Grafted Nanofibers. (Master's Thesis)