Mcguire, Sean individual record
- Associate Professor, Accounting, Mays Business School
My areas of specialty are taxation and financial reporting. My primary research interests are tax and financial reporting as well as the influence of tax and accounting information on capital markets.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Accounting, University of Georgia - (Athens, Georgia, United States) 2008
- M.S. in Accounting with Taxation Emphasis, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2001
- B.S. in Accounting, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2001
- Judd, H. W., McGuire, S. T., Weaver, C. D., & Xia, J. (2023). Check Your Attitude: An Examination of Companies' Attitude Toward Tax Enforcement.
- Kim, J., McGuire, S., Savoy, S., & Wilson, R. (2022). Expected economic growth and investment in corporate tax planning. REVIEW OF ACCOUNTING STUDIES. 27(2), 745-778.
- Beardsley, E. L., Mayberry, M. A., & McGuire, S. T. (2021). Street versus GAAP: Which Effective Tax Rate Is More Informative?. CONTEMPORARY ACCOUNTING RESEARCH. 38(2), 1310-1340.
- Donelson, D. C., Glenn, J. L., McGuire, S. T., & Yust, C. G. (2021). The Effect of Shareholder Scrutiny on Corporate Tax Behavior: Evidence from Shareholder Tax Litigation.
- McGuire, S. T., Neuman, S. S., & Rice, S. C. (2020). Interim Effective Tax Rate Estimates and Internal Control Quality. CONTEMPORARY ACCOUNTING RESEARCH. 37(1), 603-633.
in the news
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Neuman, Stevanie Alysse Schneider (2014-08). Effective Tax Strategies: It's Not Just Minimization. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Head Of Accounting; 4353 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4353