education and training
- Ph.D. in Curriculum & Instruction (Urban & Multicultural Education), Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2008
- M.S. in Sociology, Illinois State University - (Normal, Illinois, United States) 2002
- James, M. C., Wandix White, D., Waxman, H., Rivera, H., & Harmon, W. C (2022). Remixing Resilience: A Critical Examination of Urban Middle School Learning Environments among Resilient African American Learners. Urban Education. 57(3), 432-462.
- James, M. C., Williams, J. A., Daz Beltrn, A. C., Vsquez Neshyba, M., Ogletree, Q., & Young, J (2021). The Equity Paradox Typology: An Application of Critical Race Methodology to Redress Racial Harm Against Faculty of Color. Qualitative Inquiry. 27(10), 1221-1232.
- Blake, J. J., Gregory, A., James, M., & Hasan, G. W. (2020). Early Warning Signs: Identifying Opportunities to Disrupt Racial Inequities in School Discipline Through Data- Based Decision Making. School Psychology Forum. 10(3), 289-306.
- Chi Yun Moon, .., Shuai Zhang, .., Patricia Larke, .., & Marlon James. (2019). We Are Not All the Same: A Qualitative Analysis of the Nuanced Differences Between Chinese and South Korean International Graduate Students Experiences in the United States. jis. 10(1),
- James, M., Butterfield, V., Jones, K. L., & Mokuria, V. G (2017). Opportunity for All: An Analysis of Equality and Equity in Advanced Placement Programming in a US High School. International Journal of Innovation and Research in Educational Sciences. 4(1), 15-21.
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Otten, Amanda St. Clair (2016-12). Too Much Reform, Not Enough Change: A Case Study of Transformational Potential and Stakeholder Readiness for Change in an Urban Middle School. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Teaching, Learning And Culture (Tlac); 4232 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4232