Melo Guerrero, Grace individual record
Accountability, Climate, Equity, and Scholarship (ACES) Faculty Fellow
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Agricultural Economics, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Grace Melo is an Accountability, Climate, Equity, and Scholarship (ACES) Faculty Fellow
in the Department of Agricultural Economics. She is interested in policy-oriented research questions involving individual choices and preferences. In the past, she has studied Hispanic preferences for immigration policy attributes and students' preferences for learning assessments in Latin America. Her current research focuses on food security and diet quality of households from underrepresented groups in the US. She has mentored undergraduate and graduate minority students.
education and training
- M.A.Sc. in , University of Georgia - (Athens, Georgia, United States)
- D.A.S. in , University of Georgia - (Athens, Georgia, United States) 2017
- Pena, L. M., & Melo, G. (2022). Adaptation of Teaching Strategies During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Applied Economics Teaching Resources (AETR). 4(1), 12-33.
- Melo, G., Sanhueza, D., Morales, S., & Pena-Levano, L. (2021). What does the Pandemic Mean for Experiential Learning? Lessons from Latin America. Applied Economics Teaching Resources (AETR). 3(3),
- Colson, G., Melo, G., & Ramirez, O. A. (2020). Survey Evidence on Legal and Illegal Hispanic Immigrants Perceptions of Living and Working in US Agriculture. AgBioForum. 18(3), 259-265.
- Pea-Lvano, L., Burney, S., Melo, G., & Escalante, C. (2020). COVID-19: Effects on U.S. Labor, Supply Chains and Consumption Imagery Article. Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm, and Resource Issues. 35(3),
- Melo, G. (2020). The Path Forward: U.S. Consumer and Food Retail Responses to COVID-19. Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm, and Resource Issues. 35(3),
- Melo, G., & Zhen, C. (2017). The Impact of NuVal Shelf Nutrition Labels on Consumption: Evidence from Cold Cereal Purchases. 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama.
- Melo, G., Zhen, C., & Colson, G. J. (2017). The Impact of NuVal Shelf Nutrition Labels on Food Choices: Evidence from Frozen Dinner Purchases.
- Melo, G., & Ames, G. (2016). Driving Factors of Rural-Urban Migration in China. 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Pena-Levano, L. M., Rasetti, M., & Melo, G. (2016). Interaction of biofuel, food security, indirect land use change and greenhouse mitigation policies in the European Union. 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Melo, G. (2016). Valuing Groundwater Quality: Does Averting Behavior Matter?. 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas.
- Melo Guerrero, G., Valizadeh, P., & Nayga, R. M. (2023). Extra food assistance cushioned the early pandemics blow on kids mental health. - An article submitted to The Conversation
- Melo, G., Colson, G., & Ramirez, O. (2014). In immigration reform, undocumented immigrants value work visas and family visits more than access to healthcare and social security.
- Juan Carlos Caro, .., Grace Melo, .., Jose Alberto Molina, .., & Juan Carlos Salgado. (2021). Censored QUAIDS estimation with quaidsce.
- Grace Melo. (2021). Censored demand system estimation.
- Melo, G., & Zhen, C. (2019). Does a Comprehensive Food Policy affect Household Demand Behavior.
- Melo, G., & Rabinowitz, A. N. (2018). Food Choices of SNAP/WIC Participants at Convenience Stores and Larger Stores.
- Melo, G., Rabinowitz, A., Liu, Y., & Ver Ploeg, S. (2018). The Retailer Choice of SNAP Participants for Fill-In Purchases.
- Juan C. Caro, .., Grace Melo, .., Jose Alberto Molina, .., & Juan Carlos Salgado. QUAIDSCE: Stata module to estimate censored almost-ideal demand systems 2021
in the news
- 3. ¿Pueden los impuestos mejorar la calidad nutricional de la dieta en Chile? Centro de Políticas Públicas UC August 17, 2020
- La crisis de obesidad post-pandemia NexNews August 5, 2020
- Avocado Market in China Mundo Agro Magazine April 15, 2018
- Can taxes improve the dietary quality in Chile? awarded by Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile 2019 - 2020
recent teaching activities
- AGEC314 Mktg Ag & Food Products Instructor
- AGEC491 Hnr-research Instructor
- AGEC491 Research Instructor