Dr. Paudyal's research interest focus on using herd and animal level data for decision making in dairy farms. His research utilizes innovative technologies to optimize production, health, and well-being of dairy cattle.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Dairy Herd Health Management, Colorado State University - (Fort Collins, Colorado, United States) 2018
- M.S. in Animal Health, West Texas A&M University - (Canyon, Texas, United States) 2015
- B.V.S. in Veterinary Medicine, Tribhuvan University - (Kathmandu, Nepal) 2012
- Velasquez-Munoz, A., Manriquez, D., Paudyal, S., Solano, G., Han, H., Callan, R., Velez, J., & Pinedo, P. (2019). Effect of a mechanical grooming brush on the behavior and health of recently weaned heifer calves. BMC Veterinary Research. 15(1), 284.
- Velasquez-Munoz, A., Manriquez, D., Paudyal, S., Han, H., Callan, R., Ryan, E. P., & Pinedo, P. (2019). Effect of prebiotic supplementation with stabilized rice bran in milk of pre-weaned organic Holstein calves. BMC Veterinary Research. 15(1), 53.
- Paudyal, S., Melendez, P., Manriquez, D., Velasquez-Munoz, A., Pena, G., Roman-Muniz, I. N., & Pinedo, P. J. (2019). Use of milk electrical conductivity for the differentiation of mastitis causing pathogens in Holstein cows.. ANIMAL. 1-9.
- Manriquez, D., Valenzuela, H., Paudyal, S., Velasquez, A., & Pinedo, P. J. (2018). Effect of aluminized reflective hutch covers on calf health and performance. Journal of Dairy Science. 101(2), 1464-1477.
- Paudyal, S., Pena, G., Melendez, P., Roman-Muniz, I. N., & Pinedo, P. J. (2018). Relationships among quarter milk leukocyte proportions and cow and quarter-level variables under different intramammary infection statuses. Translational Animal Science. 2(3), 231-240.
recent teaching activities