As a clinician and an educator, I focus on providing the highest quality care to hospital patients, delivering clinically based practical education to veterinary students, interns, and residents, and helping to advance the field of veterinary surgery through clinically oriented research projects. Veterinary medicine is a constantly evolving field and learning is never finished upon graduation. As such, it is critically important to guide students to become lifelong learners, to critically evaluate new information, and to make informed decisions on how to treat patients after graduation. As a clinician, I am also in the position to utilize advanced techniques for treatment of common (and uncommon) small animal orthopedic conditions, help identify solutions to clinical problems, and comprehensively and objectively evaluate the outcome after treatment of clinical patients.
- Clarke, E., Aulakh, K. S., Hudson, C., Barnes, K., Gines, J. A., Liu, C., & Aulakh, H. K. (2020). Effect of sedation or general anesthesia on elbow goniometry and thoracic limb circumference measurements in dogs with naturally occurring elbow osteoarthritis. VETERINARY SURGERY. 49(7), 1428-1436.
- Aulakh, K. S., Dongaonkar, K. R., Barnes, K., Gines, A. J., Bordelon, J. T., Hulse, D., Aulakh, H. K., & Liu, C. (2020). Influence of orthopedic examination on lameness scores and interobserver and intraobserver agreement in dogs with naturally occurring elbow osteoarthritis. VETERINARY SURGERY. 49(3), 455-462.
- Buirkle, C. L., Aulakh, K. S., Gines, J. A., Rademacher, N., Liu, C., & Barnes, K. (2019). Effect of tibial rotation on the tibial plateau angle measurement in dogs: An ex vivo study. VETERINARY SURGERY. 48(3), 408-416.
- Barnes, K., Faludi, A., Takawira, C., Aulakh, K., Rademacher, N., Liu, C., & Lopez, M. J. (2019). Extracorporeal shock wave therapy improves short‐term limb use after canine tibial plateau leveling osteotomy. VETERINARY SURGERY. 48(8), 1382-1390.
- Cradic, D. W., Aulakh, K. S., Hymel, P., Barnes, K., Gines, J. A., Rademacher, N., Aulakh, H. K., & Liu, C. (2019). Morphometric measurements to predict meniscal size in skeletally mature dogs for meniscal transplantation. VETERINARY SURGERY. 49(1), 172-179.