August, John individual record
Dean of Faculties and Associate Provost
- Dean of Faculties and Associate Provost, Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President, Texas A&M University
- Professor, Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Dean, Office of the Dean of Faculties
My professional interests include feline internal medicine, distance education, and the effective use of educational technology in the classroom to promote learning.
education and training
- M.S. in , Auburn University - (Auburn, Alabama, United States) 1977
- Auburn University - (Auburn, Alabama, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1977
- B.V.S. in , University of London - (London, United Kingdom) 1973
- Jugan, M. C., & August, J. R. (2017). Serum cobalamin concentrations and small intestinal ultrasound changes in 75 cats with clinical signs of gastrointestinal disease: a retrospective study.. J Feline Med Surg. 19(1), 48-56.
- Howe, L. M., Boothe, H. W., August, J. R., Bice, K. L., & Medicus, K. L. (1998). Using community-based service learning projects to improve surgical instruction. JOURNAL OF VETERINARY MEDICAL EDUCATION. 25(2), 12-15.
- AUGUST, J. R. (1995). ADVANCES IN FELINE MEDICINE. COMPENDIUM ON CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR THE PRACTICING VETERINARIAN. 17(10), 1195-1226.
- August, J. R. (1991). Husbandry practices for cats infected with feline leukemia virus or feline immunodeficiency virus.. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 199(10), 1474-1477.
- AUGUST, J. R. (1990). THE CONTROL AND ERADICATION OF FELINE UPPER RESPIRATORY-INFECTIONS IN CLUSTER POPULATIONS. VETERINARY MEDICINE. 85(9), 1002-1006.
- (1991). Consultations in Feline Internal Medicine. WB Saunders Company.
- (2001). Consultations in Feline Internal Medicine 4. W B Saunders Company.
- (1994). Consultations in Feline Internal Medicine, Volume 2. WB Saunders Company.
- (1997). Consultations in Feline Internal Medicine, Volume 3. WB Saunders Company.
- (2009). Consultations in Feline Internal Medicine, Volume 6. WB Saunders Company.
in the news
- Texas A&M Reagents Approve Naming West Texas Facilities After Distinguished Alumnus Charles Graham Texas A&M Today November 17, 2020
- Dean appointed at TAMU veterinary college American Veterinary Medical Association November 1, 2020
- A&M vet school names new dean The Battalion October 18, 2020
- Two VERO Faculty Hires Expand Texas A&M's Veterinary Missions in Texas Panhandle The Prairie News October 15, 2020
- Hires Expand Veterinary Missions In Texas Panhandle Texas A&M Today October 9, 2020
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
Texas A&M University; Dean Of Faculties; 1126 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4474