Mitochondria are complex and dynamic organelles integral to many processes including energy generation, programmed cell death, signal transduction, and immunity. Research in my laboratory centers on understanding how mitochondria regulate innate immunity and inflammatory processes to influence human health and disease.
- Yale University - (New Haven, Connecticut, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2015
- Ph.D. in Immunobiology, Yale University - (New Haven, Connecticut, United States) 2011
- B.S. in Biological Sciences, Science Education, North Carolina State University - (Raleigh, North Carolina, United States) 2001
- Zhao, B., Du, F., Xu, P., Shu, C., Sankaran, B., Bell, S. L., ... Li, P. (2019). A conserved PLPLRT/SD motif of STING mediates the recruitment and activation of TBK1.. NATURE. 569(7758), 718-722.
- Mlih, M., Khericha, M., Birdwell, C., West, A. P., & Karpac, J. (2018). A virus-acquired host cytokine controls systemic aging by antagonizing apoptosis. PLoS Biol. 16(7),
- Maurizio, P. L., Ferris, M. T., Keele, G. R., Miller, D. R., Shaw, G. D., Whitmore, A. C., ... Valdar, W. (2018). Bayesian Diallel Analysis Reveals Mx1-Dependent and Mx1-Independent Effects on Response to Influenza A Virus in Mice. G3 (Bethesda, Md.). 8(2), 427-445.
- Kerur, N., Fukuda, S., Banerjee, D., Kim, Y., Fu, D., Apicella, I., ... Ambati, J. (2018). CGAS drives noncanonical-inflammasome activation in age-related macular degeneration. Nat Med. 24(1), 50-61.
- West, A. P. (2018). Editorial. MITOCHONDRION. 41, 1-1.