- Associate Professor, Educational Psychology, School of Education and Human Development
Dr. Hajovsky is interested in the assessment and measurement of cognitive abilities and academic skills, the identification of specific learning disabilities, and the longitudinal development of psychological and contextual factors that influence academic, social, and behavioral skills. His research focuses on (a) the predictive validity of cognitive abilities on youth and adolescent's math, reading, and writing academic skills, (b) the identification of specific learning disabilities, (c) the dynamic relationships between teachers and students in the classroom, and (d) the impact of developmental and cultural considerations on outcomes. His research often leverages latent variable and longitudinal modeling to study primary and large-scale secondary data.
- Hajovsky, D. B., Maki, K. E., Chesnut, S. R., Barrett, C. A., & Burns, M. K. (2022). Specific Learning Disability Identification in an RtI Method: Do Measures of Cognitive Ability Matter?. LEARNING DISABILITIES RESEARCH & PRACTICE. 37(4), 280-293.
- Hajovsky, D. B., Caemmerer, J. M., & Mason, B. A. (2022). Gender differences in children's social skills growth trajectories. APPLIED DEVELOPMENTAL SCIENCE. 26(3), 488-503.
- Hajovsky, D. B., & Chesnut, S. R. (2022). Examination of differential effects of cognitive abilities on reading and mathematics achievement across race and ethnicity: Evidence with the WJ IV.. J Sch Psychol. 93, 1-27.
- Barrett, C. A., Burns, M. K., Maki, K. E., Clinkscales, A., Hajovsky, D. B., & Spear, S. E. (2022). Language used in school psychological evaluation reports as predictors of SLD identification within a response to intervention model.. Sch Psychol. 37(2), 107-118.
- Billeiter, K. B., Froiland, J. M., Allen, J. P., & Hajovsky, D. B. (2022). Neurodiversity and Intelligence: Evaluating the Flynn Effect in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.. Child Psychiatry Hum Dev. 53(5), 919-927.
- EPSY621 Clinical Neuropsychology Instructor
- SPSY612 Ind Assesm Child Intel Instructor
- SPSY683 Field Exper/extern In Spsy Instructor
- SPSY691 Research Instructor