- Faculty Affiliate, Energy Institute, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES), Division of Research
- Faculty Affiliate, Institute for Engineering Education and Innovation, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES)
- Member, Engineering Education Research Taskforce, College of Engineering
- Assistant Professor, Biological and Agricultural Engineering, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, College of Engineering
I manage the Post-Harvest Engineering and Education research lab, focusing on post-harvest treatment technologies and engineering eduction. My research mission is to identify post-harvest treatment technologies capable of transforming lignin into value added chemicals. This research also provides new knowledge on the role of ozone and atmospheric cold plasma treatments for the reduction of spoilage organisms during post-harvest processing and storage. Research is currently being conducted with a variety of commodities including, stored grains (i.e., corn, rice), oil seeds and byproducts (i.e., cottonseed, cottonseed meal), and packaged produce (i.e., tomatoes and romaine lettuce).
I also work to develop teaching materials for those who utilize new treatment and storage technologies, so they feel more connected with the technologies thereby increasing the instances of utilization.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Purdue University - (West Lafayette, Indiana, United States) 2015
- M.S. in Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Purdue University - (West Lafayette, Indiana, United States) 2009
- Habib, M. R., Hoque, M. M., Kabir, J., Akhter, S., Rahman, M. S., Moore, J., & Jolly, Y. N. (2022). A comparative study of heavy metal exposure risk from the consumption of some common species of cultured and captured fishes of Bangladesh. JOURNAL OF FOOD COMPOSITION AND ANALYSIS. 104455-104455.
- Habib, M. R., Mahanta, S., Jolly, Y. N., & Moore, J. M. (2022). Alleviating Heavy Metal Toxicity in Milk and Water through a Synergistic Approach of Absorption Technique and High Voltage Atmospheric Cold Plasma and Probable Rheological Changes.. Biomolecules. (7), 913-913.
- Mahanta, S., Habib, M. R., & Moore, J. M. (2022). Effect of High-Voltage Atmospheric Cold Plasma Treatment on Germination and Heavy Metal Uptake by Soybeans (Glycine max).. Int J Mol Sci. (3), 1611-1611.
- London, C., & Moore, J. M. (2022). Extended Technology Acceptance Model (TAM2) to Understand Decision Making for Grain Bin Hazards Among Texas Farmers. Journal of Agricultural Safety and Health. 28(4), 229-243.
- Sharifan, H., Noori, A., Bagheri, M., & Moore, J. M. (2022). Postharvest spraying of zinc oxide nanoparticles enhances shelf life qualities and zinc concentration of tomato fruits. CROP & PASTURE SCIENCE. (2), 22-31.
- Hammond, T. A., Thomas, S., Patrick Jr, C., Wade, P., Jaison, D., Moore, J. M., ... Watson, K. (2021). Creating a Supportive Space for Teaching-Focused Faculty to Write About their Teaching. 2021 First-Year Engineering Experience.
- Sharifan, H., & Moore, J (2019). Interaction of leafy vegetable romaine lettuce (Lactuca sativa L. var. Longifolia) with coexisting of ZnO nanoparticles and divalent heavy metals (Cd and Pb) with and their in planta accumulation. ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY. 258,
- Evans, C. A., & Moore, J. D. (2019). Differences in Physical Properties of Non-Inoculated and Aflatoxin Inoculated Fuzzy Cottonseeds. 2019 Boston, Massachusetts July 7- July 10, 2019, 2019 Boston, Massachusetts July 7- July 10, 2019.
- Evans, C., McReynolds, E., Sharifan, H., & Moore, J (2019). Connecting Specific Knowledge Areas Throughout Core Courses in Biological and Agricultural Engineering. ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Conference Proceedings, ASEE 126th Annual Conference & Exposition. 2019,
- Supak, H., Baltazar, V., & Moore, J (2019). Training Modules for Improved Storage Techniques to Reduce Post-harvest losses of Maize in Ghana, Work in Progress. ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Conference Proceedings, ASEE 126th Annual Conference & Exposition. 2019,