- Director, Image Analysis Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A&M University
- Professor, Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Research in the laboratory is focused on investigating mechanisms by which a variety of biological response modifiers ranging from mechanical signals, hormones and growth factors to environmental chemicals alter cellular signaling pathways and cellular homeostasis.
- Harvard University - (Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1978
- Ph.D. in Biology, Wayne State University - (Detroit, Michigan, United States) 1976
- M.S. in Biology, Wayne State University - (Detroit, Michigan, United States) 1973
- B.S. in Zoology, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States) 1969
- Elmetwally, M. A., Li, X., Johnson, G. A., Burghardt, R. C., Herring, C. M., Kramer, A. C., ... Wu, G. (2022). Dietary supplementation with l-arginine between days 14 and 25 of gestation enhances NO and polyamine syntheses and the expression of angiogenic proteins in porcine placentae. Amino Acids. 54(2), 193-204.
- Li, X., Johnson, G. A., Zhou, H., Burghardt, R. C., Bazer, F. W., & Wu, G. (2022). Microarray analysis reveals an important role for dietary L-arginine in regulating global gene expression in porcine placentae during early gestation. Frontiers in Bioscience-Landmark. 27(1), 1-1.
- Shrestha, R., Mohankumar, K., Martin, G., Hailemariam, A., Lee, S., Jin, U., Burghardt, R., & Safe, S. (2021). Flavonoids kaempferol and quercetin are nuclear receptor 4A1 (NR4A1, Nur77) ligands and inhibit rhabdomyosarcoma cell and tumor growth. Journal of Experimental & Clinical Cancer Research. 40(1), 392.
- Zhu, C., Li, X., Bazer, F. W., Johnson, G. A., Burghardt, R. C., Jiang, Z., & Wu, G. (2021). Dietary L-arginine supplementation during days 14-25 of gestation enhances aquaporin expression in the placentae and endometria of gestating gilts.. Amino Acids. 53(8), 1287-1295.
- McLendon, B. A., Kramer, A. C., Seo, H., Bazer, F. W., Burghardt, R. C., & Johnson, G. A. (2021). Integrin Adhesion Complex Organization in Sheep Myometrium Reflects Changing Mechanical Forces during Pregnancy and Postpartum.. Biology (Basel). 10(6), 508-508.
- Zhu, C., Jiang, Z., Johnson, G. A., Burghardt, R. C., Bazer, F. W., & Wu, G. (2022). Nutritional and Physiological Regulation of Water Transport in the Conceptus. MATHEMATICAL MODELLING IN EXPERIMENTAL NUTRITION. Wu, G.. (Eds.), Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology. 109-125. Springer International Publishing.
- Geisert, R. D., Johnson, G. A., & Burghardt, R. C. (2015). Implantation and Establishment of Pregnancy in the Pig.. Advances in anatomy, embryology, and cell biology. Regulation of Implantation and Establishment of Pregnancy in Mammals. 137-163. Springer International Publishing.
- Wu, G., Bazer, F. W., Burghardt, R. C., Johnson, G. A., Kim, S. W., Knabe, D. A., ... Spencer, T. E. (2010). Functional amino acids in swine nutrition and production. Dynamics in Animal Nutrition. 69-98.
- Burghardt, R. C., & Droleskey, R. (2005). Transmission Electron Microscopy. Current Protocols in Microbiology. John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
- Burghardt, R. C., Bowen, J. A., & Bazer, F. W. (1998). Endocrine Control of Trophoblast-Uterine Epithelial Cell Interactions. Bazer, F. W. (Eds.), Endocrinology of Pregnancy. 199-228. Humana Press.
- Johnson, G. A., Bazer, F. W., Burghardt, R. C., Wu, G., Seo, H., Kramer, A. C., & McLendon, B. A. (2018). Cellular events during ovine implantation and impact for gestation. Animal Reproduction. 15(Suppl. 1), 843-855.
- Seo, H., Bazer, F., Burghardt, R., & Johnson, G. (2016). A revised hypothesis for placental syncytialization in sheep. Placenta. 45, 117-117.
- Johnson, G., Seo, H., Bazer, F., Burghardt, R., & Bayless, K. (2016). Mechanotransduction drives morphogenesis to develop folding at the uterine-placental interface of Pigs. Placenta. 45, 79-79.
- Satterfield, M., Brown, J., Miller, A., Zamora, M., Dunlap, K., Burghardt, R., ... Zhang, R. (2016). Maternal exposure to sulfur based particulate matter alters postnatal growth and health in rats. ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY. 252,
- Johnson, G. A., Burghardt, J. R., II, T., Reeder, A. T., Nguyen, B. T., & Burghardt, R. C. (2015). Evidence for integrin activation (focal adhesion formation) at the conceptus-maternal interface of pregnant sheep.. BIOLOGY OF REPRODUCTION. 87-87.
Repository Documents / Preprints2
- Shrestha, R., Mohankumar, K., Martin, G., Hailemariam, A., Lee, S., Jin, U., Burghardt, R., & Safe, S. (2021). Flavonoids Kaempferol and Quercetin are Nuclear Receptor 4A1 (NR4A1, Nur77) Ligands and inhibit Rhabdomyosarcoma Cell and Tumor Growth.
- Martinez, J. G., Huang, J. Z., Burghardt, R. C., Barhoumi, R., & Carroll, R. J. (2010). Use of multiple singular value decompositions to analyze complex intracellular calcium ion signals.
- Wing, Theodore (2013-12). Two Novel Mechanistic Paradigms in Pig Pregnancy: I. Osteopontin Binds to the ITGAV (the ?v Integrin Subunit) to Promote Porcine Endothelial Progenitor Cell Incorporation into Developing Vasculature. II. Expression and Regulation of Genes for Glucose and Arginine Transporters in Pig Uteri, Conceptuses and Placentae Increases during Pregnancy.. (Master's Thesis)
- Willingham-Rocky, Lauri A. (2008-12). Evaluation of oocyte competency in bovine and canine species via non-invasive assessment of oocyte quality. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Dean, Dana Deanna (2008-12). Encapsulated interferon-tau during Theiler's virus-induced demyelinating disease: efficacy of treatment and immune response profile. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Al Ramadan, Saeed Yaseen (2007-05). Analysis of some novel uterine extracellular matrix proteins and a growth factor. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Wiles, Melinda Christine (2004-08). Chemical and biological methods for the analysis and remediation of environmental contaminants frequently identified at Superfund sites. (Doctoral Dissertation)