- Director, Image Analysis Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Professor, Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Associate Dean for Research & Graduate Studies, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- John Tom Campbell Research Chair, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Research in the laboratory is focused on investigating mechanisms by which a variety of biological response modifiers ranging from mechanical signals, hormones and growth factors to environmental chemicals alter cellular signaling pathways and cellular homeostasis.
- Harvard University - (Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1978
- Ph.D. in Biology, Wayne State University - (Detroit, Michigan, United States) 1976
- M.S. in Biology, Wayne State University - (Detroit, Michigan, United States) 1973
- B.S. in Zoology, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States) 1969
- Dunlap, K. A., White, B. G., Erikson, D. W., Satterfield, M. C., Pfarrer, C., Wu, G., ... Johnson, G. A. (2020). FTY720, a sphingosine analog, altered placentome histoarchitecture in ewes. Journal of Animal Science and Biotechnology. 11(1), 2.
- Wing, T. T., Erikson, D. W., Burghardt, R. C., Bazer, F. W., Bayless, K. J., & Johnson, G. A. (2020). OPN binds alpha V integrin to promote endothelial progenitor cell incorporation into vasculature. REPRODUCTION. 159(4), 465-478.
- Seo, H., Li, X., Wu, G., Bazer, F. W., Burghardt, R. C., Bayless, K. J., & Johnson, G. A. (2020). Mechanotransduction drives morphogenesis to develop folding during placental development in pigs. PLACENTA. 90, 62-70.
- Seo, H., Bazer, F. W., Burghardt, R. C., & Johnson, G. A. (2019). Immunohistochemical Examination of Trophoblast Syncytialization during Early Placentation in Sheep. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 20(18), 4530-4530.
- Wu, G., Brown, J., Zamora, M. L., Miller, A., Satterfield, M. C., Meininger, C. J., ... Zhang, R. (2019). Adverse organogenesis and predisposed long-term metabolic syndrome from prenatal exposure to fine particulate matter.. PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA-BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES. 116(24), 11590-11595.
- Geisert, R. D., Johnson, G. A., & Burghardt, R. C. (2015). Implantation and Establishment of Pregnancy in the Pig. REGULATION OF IMPLANTATION AND ESTABLISHMENT OF PREGNANCY IN MAMMALS: TRIBUTE TO 45 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF ROGER V. SHORT'S MATERNAL RECOGNITION OF PREGNANCY. Regulation of Implantation and Establishment of Pregnancy in Mammals. (pp. 137-163). Springer International Publishing.
- Wu, G., Bazer, F. W., Burghardt, R. C., Johnson, G. A., Kim, S. W., Knabe, D. A., ... Spencer, T. E. (2010). Functional amino acids in swine nutrition and production. Dynamics in Animal Nutrition. (pp. 69-98).
- Burghardt, R. C., & Droleskey, R. (2005). Transmission Electron Microscopy. Current Protocols in Microbiology. John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
- Burghardt, R. C., Bowen, J. A., & Bazer, F. W. (1998). Endocrine Control of Trophoblast-Uterine Epithelial Cell Interactions. Bazer, F. W. (Eds.), Endocrinology of Pregnancy. (pp. 199-228). Humana Press.
- Tiffany-Castiglioni, E., Legare, M. E., Schneider, L. A., Harris, E. D., Barhoumi, R., Zmudzki, J., Qian, Y., & Burghardt, R. C. (1996). Heavy Metal Effects on Glia. Perez-Polo, J. R. (Eds.), Paradigms of Neural Injury. (pp. 135-166). Academic Press.
- Johnson, G. A., Bazer, F. W., Burghardt, R. C., Wu, G., Seo, H., Kramer, A. C., & McLendon, B. A. (2018). Cellular events during ovine implantation and impact for gestation. ANIMAL REPRODUCTION. 15(Suppl. 1), 843-855.
- Li, X., Bazer, F. W., Johnson, G. A., Burghardt, R. C., Tekwe, C. D., Wang, J., ... Wu, G. (2014). Microarray analysis of placental gene expression in gilts receiving dietary supplementation with L-arginine between Days 14 and 25 of gestation. AMINO ACIDS. 46(1), 253-253.
- Wang, X., Dunlap, K., Satterfield, M. C., Burghardt, R. C., Johnson, G. A., Wu, G., & Bazer, F. W. (2013). Arginine and secreted phosphoprotein 1 act synergistically to stimulate MTORC1/MTORC2 cell signaling and cytoskeletal organization for proliferation, migration and adhesion of ovine trophectoderm cells. AMINO ACIDS. 45(3), 596-596.
- Zhu, C., Bazer, F. W., Johnson, G. A., Burghardt, R. C., Assaad, H., Jiang, Z., & Wu, G. (2013). Expression of aquaporins in the porcine uterine endometrium. AMINO ACIDS. 45(3), 591-592.
- Rezaei, R., Dahanayaka, S., Porter, W. W., Burghardt, R. C., Johnson, G. A., Tian, Y., Bazer, F. W., & Wu, G. (2013). Preparation and culture of porcine mammary epithelial cells. AMINO ACIDS. 45(3), 605-605.
- Wing, Theodore (2013-12). Two Novel Mechanistic Paradigms in Pig Pregnancy: I. Osteopontin Binds to the ITGAV (the ?v Integrin Subunit) to Promote Porcine Endothelial Progenitor Cell Incorporation into Developing Vasculature. II. Expression and Regulation of Genes for Glucose and Arginine Transporters in Pig Uteri, Conceptuses and Placentae Increases during Pregnancy.. (Master's Thesis)
- Willingham-Rocky, Lauri A. (2008-12). Evaluation of oocyte competency in bovine and canine species via non-invasive assessment of oocyte quality. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Dean, Dana Deanna (2008-12). Encapsulated interferon-tau during Theiler's virus-induced demyelinating disease: efficacy of treatment and immune response profile. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Al Ramadan, Saeed Yaseen (2007-05). Analysis of some novel uterine extracellular matrix proteins and a growth factor. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Wiles, Melinda Christine (2004-08). Chemical and biological methods for the analysis and remediation of environmental contaminants frequently identified at Superfund sites. (Doctoral Dissertation)