Dr. Wang's research interests focus on the dynamic features and practical applications associated with intelligent systems, and multifunctional structures. The unique properties she seeks to obtain apply to applications such as sensing, energy harvesting, robotics, dynamics, control, and biomedical devices. The overall goal of her research is to be vibrant and adaptable to the high impact innovations in the areas of mechanical, materials science, electrical engineering, and biomedical engineering.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Tech - (Blacksburg, Virginia, United States) 2012
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Puerto Rico System - (San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States) 2007
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Shandong University - (Jinan, Shandong, China) 2004
- Wu, L., & Wang, Y. a. (2019). A Low-Power Electric-Mechanical Driving Approach for True Occupancy Detection Using a Shuttered Passive Infrared Sensor. IEEE SENSORS JOURNAL. 19(1), 47-57.
- Chen, J., & Wang, Y. a. (2019). A dual electromagnetic array with intrinsic frequency up-conversion for broadband vibrational energy harvesting. APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS. 114(5), 053902-053902.
- Liu, H., Hua, R., Lu, Y., Wang, Y. a., Salman, E., & Liang, J. (2019). Boosting the efficiency of a footstep piezoelectric-stack energy harvester using the synchronized switch technology. 38th Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit. 30(6), 813-822.
- Yuan, M., Wang, Y., & Qin, Y. X. (2019). Engineered nanomedicine for neuroregeneration: light emitting diode-mediated superparamagnetic iron oxide-gold core-shell nanoparticles functionalized by nerve growth factor. NANOMEDICINE-NANOTECHNOLOGY BIOLOGY AND MEDICINE. 21, 102052-102052.
- Hua, R., & Wang, Y. a. (2019). Monitoring Insole (MONI): A Low Power Solution Toward Daily Gait Monitoring and Analysis. IEEE SENSORS JOURNAL. 19(15), 6410-6420.
- Wang, Y., & Inman, D. J. (2016). Autonomous gust alleviation in UAVs. Advanced UAV Aerodynamics, Flight Stability and Control: Novel Concepts, Theory and Applications. (pp. 465-494). John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Chen, Z., Liu, H., & Wang, Y. (2019). Support vector machine-based face direction detection using an infrared array sensor. ROTATING MACHINERY, HYBRID TEST METHODS, VIBRO-ACOUSTICS AND LASER VIBROMETRY, VOL 8. 309-317.
- Wu, L., Wang, Y. a., & ASME, .. (2018). SHUTTERED PASSIVE INFRARED SENSOR FOR OCCUPANCY DETECTION: EXPLORING A LOW POWER ELECTRO-MECHANICAL DRIVING APPROACH. PROCEEDINGS OF THE ASME CONFERENCE ON SMART MATERIALS, ADAPTIVE STRUCTURES AND INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS, 2014, VOL 1. 2,
- Chen, J., Wang, Y., & Grisso, B. L. (2018). Systematic study of dual resonant rectilinear-to-rotary motion converter for low frequency vibrational energy harvesting. MATHEMATICAL MODELING AND ESTIMATION TECHNIQUES IN COMPUTER VISION. 10595,
- Liu, H., Lin, H., Wang, K., & Wang, Y. (2017). A novel chopped pyroelectric infrared sensor for detecting the presence of stationary and moving occupants. 2,
- Chen, Z., Liu, H., Wang, Y., & Wang, Y. (2017). A sensor fusion based pan-tilt platform for activity tracking and fall detection. 2,