I specialize in bilingual education and biliteracy, particularly for Hispanic, emergent bilinguals. My research also focuses on teacher education, specifically practitioner action research as a tool for mediating pedagogical development and professional identity.
- M.Ed. in Public School Administration, St. Thomas University - (Miami Gardens, Florida, United States)
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- M.A. in Spanish (Philology), University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States)
- B.A. in Spanish (Literature), The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States)
- Acosta, S., Garza, T., Hsu, H., & Goodson, P. (2020). Assessing Quality in Systematic Literature Reviews: A Study of Novice Rater Training. SAGE Open. 10(3), 2158244020939530-215824402093953.
- Acosta, S., Garza, T., Hsu, H., Goodson, P., Padrón, Y., Goltz, H. H., & Johnston, A. (2019). The Accountability Culture: a Systematic Review of High-Stakes Testing and English Learners in the United States During No Child Left Behind. Educational Psychology Review. 32(2), 327-352.
- Acosta, S. T., Chen, X., Goltz, H., Goodson, P., & Padrón, Y. (2018). A Case Study of Novice Bilingual Education Teachers Conducting Action Research and Diffusing Teaching Innovations. Urban Education. 004208591880514-004208591880514.
- Turner, A., Albalawi, Y., Diviani, N., Akram, H., Chen, X., Acosta, S., & Barry, A. E. (2017). Machine or Human? Evaluating the Quality of a Language Translation Mobile App for Diabetes Education Material. JMIR Diabetes. 2(1), e13-e13.
- Gonzalez, J. E., Acosta, S., Davis, H., Pollard-Durodola, S., Saenz, L., Soares, D., Resendez, N., & Zhu, L. (2017). Latino Maternal Literacy Beliefs and Practices Mediating Socioeconomic Status and Maternal Education Effects in Predicting Child Receptive Vocabulary. Early Education and Development. 28(1), 1-18.