Mostafavi, Ali individual record
- Faculty Affiliate, Institute for Engineering Education and Innovation, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES)
- Associate Professor, Civil Engineering, College of Engineering
education and training
- Li, Q., Tang, Z., Coleman, N., & Mostafavi, A. (2021). Detecting Early-Warning Signals in Time Series of Visits to Points of Interest to Examine Population Response to COVID-19 Pandemic. IEEE Access. 9, 27189-27200.
- Fan, C., Jiang, X., & Mostafavi, A. (2020). A network percolation-based contagion model of flood propagation and recession in urban road networks. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. 10(1), 13481.
- Dong, S., Esmalian, A., Farahmand, H., & Mostafavi, A. (2020). An integrated physical-social analysis of disrupted access to critical facilities and community service-loss tolerance in urban flooding. Computers Environment and Urban Systems. 80, 101443-101443.
- Fan, C., Jiang, Y., & Mostafavi, A. (2020). Emergent social cohesion for coping with community disruptions in disasters. Journal of The Royal Society Interface. 17(164), 20190778-20190778.
- Rasoulkhani, K., Mostafavi, A., Reyes, M. P., & Batouli, M. (2020). Resilience planning in hazards-humans-infrastructure nexus: A multi-agent simulation for exploratory assessment of coastal water supply infrastructure adaptation to sea-level rise. Environmental Modelling & Software. 125, 104636-104636.
- Fan, C., Mostafavi, A., Gupta, A., & Zhang, C. (2018). A System Analytics Framework for Detecting Infrastructure-Related Topics in Disasters Using Social Sensing. ADVANCES IN NEURAL NETWORKS - ISNN 2014. 10864, 74-91.
- Rahman, M., Bobadilla, L., Mostafavi, A., Carmenate, T., & Zanlongo, S. A. (2018). An Automated Methodology for Worker Path Generation and Safety Assessment in Construction Projects. IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering. 15(2), 479-491.
- Carmenate, T., Rahman, M., Leante, D., Bobadilla, L., & Mostafavi, A. (2015). Modeling and Analyzing Occupant Behaviors in Building Energy Analysis Using an Information Space Approach. 2007 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON AUTOMATION SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING, VOLS 1-3. 425-431.
- Rahman, M., Carmenate, T., Bobadilla, L., Zanlongo, S., & Mostafavi, A. (2015). A Coupled Discrete-Event and Motion Planning Methodology for Automated Safety Assessment in Construction Projects. 2014 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION (ICRA). 3849-3855.
- Batouli, M., & Mostafavi, A. (2014). A Hybrid Simulation Framework for Integrated Management of Infrastructure Networks. 2016 WINTER SIMULATION CONFERENCE (WSC). 3319-3330.
- Mostafavi, A. (2020). Hurricanes and wildfires are colliding with the COVID-19 pandemic – and compounding the risks. - An article submitted to The Conversation
- Mostafavi, A. (2018). If you shelter in place during a disaster, be ready for challenges after the storm. - An article submitted to The Conversation
in the news
- Texas A&M predicting COVID-19 spread with deep-learning model edscoop September 30, 2020
- Harnessing big data and artificial intelligence to predict future pandemic spread EurekAlert! September 29, 2020
- Improving The Use Of Social Media For Disaster Management Texas A&M Today September 9, 2020
- Commentary: Hurricanes and wildfires are colliding with the COVID-19 pandemic - and compounding the risks Press Herald August 28, 2020
- Hurricanes and wildfires are colliding with the COVID-19 pandemic - and compounding the risks St. George News August 27, 2020
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Civil Engineering; 3136 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3136