- Professor, Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Vice President for Research, Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President
Mark A Barteau's research focuses on chemical reactions at solid surfaces and their applications in heterogeneous catalysis and energy processes. He has received numerous grants throughout his career from such prestigious institutions as the National Science Foundation (NSF), the U.S. Department of Energy, the U.S. Air Force Office of Scientific Research and NASA.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Stanford University - (Stanford, California, United States) 1981
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Stanford University - (Stanford, California, United States) 1977
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Washington University in St. Louis - (St Louis, Missouri, United States) 1976
- Wilke, T. J., & Barteau, M. A. (2020). Development of thermodynamic activity coefficients to describe the catalytic performance of supported polyoxometalate catalysts. JOURNAL OF CATALYSIS. 382, 286-294.
- Wilke, T., & Barteau, M. A. (2019). Dehydration and Oxidation of Alcohols by Supported Polyoxometalates: Effects of Mono- and Multivalent Cation Exchange on Catalyst Acidity and Activity. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. 58(32), 14752-14760.
- Wilke, T. J., & Barteau, M. A. (2019). Cation exchange effects on methanol oxidation and dehydration by supported polyoxometalates. JOURNAL OF CATALYSIS. 371, 357-367.
- Zhao, X., Li, X., Chen, J., & Barteau, M. A. (2018). Use of Nitrogen-Containing Carbon Supports To Control the Acidity of Supported Heteropolyacid Model Catalysts. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. 57(42), 13999-14010.
- Silbaugh, T. L., Devlaminck, P., Sofranko, J. A., & Barteau, M. A. (2018). Selective oxidation of ethanol over Ag, Cu and Au nanoparticles supported on Li2O/gamma-Al2O3. JOURNAL OF CATALYSIS. 364, 40-47.
- Mhadeshwar, A. B., & Barteau, M. A. (2008). Computational Strategies for Identification of Bimetallic Ethylene Epoxidation Catalysts. Mechanisms in Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Epoxidation Catalysis. (pp. 265-281). Elsevier.
- Barteau, M. A., & Vohs, J. M. (2008). Model Systems: Oxide Model Systems. Handbook of Heterogeneous Catalysis. (pp. 873-888). Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH.
- Tessonnier, J. P., Haas, F. M., Dabbs, D. M., Dryer, F. L., Yetter, R. A., & Barteau, M. A. (2013). Polyoxometalate clusters supported on functionalized graphene sheets as nanohybrids for the catalytic combustion of liquid fuels. AMORPHOUS AND NANOCRYSTALLINE SILICON SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY- 2004. 1451, 137-143.
- Barteau, M. A., & Tessonnier, J. (2012). Flying carpet catalysts: Utilizing graphene to homogenize heterogeneous catalysts. ACS Photonics. 244,
- Kulkarni, A., Bedolla-Panjota, M., Barteau, M. A., & Lobo, R. F. (2011). Propylene epoxidation on supported silver catalysts: Insights into reaction mechanism and effect of promoters and butadiene co-feed.
- Yu, W., Barteau, M., & Chen, J. (2011). Theoretical and experimental study of glycolaldehyde reaction pathways on Ni/Pt(111) and Ni/WC surfaces.
- Bedolla-Pantoja, M., Kulkarni, A., Lobo, R. F., & Barteau, M. A. (2011). Understanding the selectivity of propylene oxidation with silver catalysts. ACS Photonics.