Hairgrove, Thomas individual record
Professor and Extension Specialist
- Associate Professor and Extension Specialist, Animal Science, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Professor and Extension Specialist, Animal Science, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
education and training
- Ph.D. in Animal Science, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2016
- B.S. in Veterinary Science, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- D.V.M. in , Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- Welsh, T. H., Kochran, K., Earnhardt, A. L., Cardoso, R. C., Hairgrove, T. B., Long, C. R., Riley, D., & Randel, R. D. (2022). PSVIII-B-3 Comparison of Telomere Length in Leukocytes of Control and Prenatally Stressed Brahman Bull and Heifer Calves. Journal of Animal Science. 100(Supplement_3), 314-314.
- Guy, C., Ketchum, J. N., Epperson, K. M., Quail, L. K., Hairgrove, T. B., Long, C. R., & Perry, G. A. (2022). PSXVI-1 Impact of Breed and/or Season on Effectiveness of Anthelmintic Treatment in Weaned Calves. Journal of Animal Science. 100(Supplement_3), 358-359.
- Hairgrove, T. B., Fajt, V., Gill, R., Miller, R., Miller, M., & Mays, T. (2021). Effects of delivery via pressure-adjustable pneumatic gas-powered dart gun of three antimicrobial drugs (ceftiofur crystalline free acid, tildopirosin, and tulathromycin) on drug disposition and meat quality in cattle.. PeerJ. 9, e11822-e11822.
- Dias Batista, L. F., Norris, A. B., Adams, J. M., Hairgrove, T. B., & Tedeschi, L. O. (2021). Technical Note: The comparison of pH and redox potential in different locations in the reticulo-rumen of growing beef steers supplemented with different levels of quebracho extract.. J Anim Sci. 99(10), skab260.
- Nixon, E., Mays, T. P., Routh, P. A., Yeatts, J. L., Fajt, V. R., Hairgrove, T., & Baynes, R. (2020). Plasma, Urine and Tissue Concentrations of Flunixin and Meloxicam in Pigs. BMC Veterinary Research.
in the news
- Consider Mineral Deficiencies In Cattle Deaths Drovers December 7, 2020
- Mineral imbalances need to be considered in cattle deaths AgriLife Today December 4, 2020
- Why We Need to Improve the Sustainability of Rural Veterinarians Front Porch News November 27, 2020
- Bounpheng, M., Hairgrove, T. B., Summarell, C. C., & Schroeder, M. E (2020). Tritrichomonas foetus nucleic acid detection methods.
recent teaching activities
- ANSC491 Hnr-research Instructor
- ANSC491 Research Instructor
- ANSC691 Research Instructor
- ANSC691 Research: In-ab Instructor
- ANSC691 Research:in-ab Instructor
Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service; Office Of The Director; 2471 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77843-2471