- Associate Professor, Educational Psychology, College of Education and Human Development
- Associate Professor, Teaching, Learning and Culture, College of Education and Human Development
- Faculty Affiliate, Institute for Engineering Education and Innovation
Dr. Paul R. Hernandez's research focuses on the contextual factors, developmental relationships, and motivational processes that support and broaden participation in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) careers - particularly for students from groups historically underrepresented in STEM. Dr. Hernandez has received over $3.5 million in external research funding from the National Institutes of Health and the National Science Foundation.
- Colorado State University - (Fort Collins, Colorado, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2013
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology, emphasis in Measurement, Evaluation, and Assessment, University of Connecticut - (Storrs, Connecticut, United States) 2011
- Park, C. L., Williams, M. K., Hernandez, P. R., Agocha, V. B., Carney, L. M., DePetris, A. E., & Lee, S. Y. (2019). Self-regulation and STEM persistence in minority and non-minority students across the first year of college. SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY OF EDUCATION. 22(1), 91-112.
- Estrada, M., Hernandez, P. R., & Schultz, P. W. (2018). A Longitudinal Study of How Quality Mentorship and Research Experience Integrate Underrepresented Minorities into STEM Careers. CBE-LIFE SCIENCES EDUCATION. 17(1), ar9-ar9.
- Hernandez, P. R., Bloodhart, B., Adams, A. S., Barnes, R. T., Burt, M., Clinton, S. M., ... Fischer, E. V. (2018). Role modeling is a viable retention strategy for undergraduate women in the geosciences. GEOSPHERE. 14(6), 2585-2593.
- Hernandez, P. R., Hopkins, P. D., Masters, K., Holland, L., Mei, B. M., Richards-Babb, M., Quedado, K., & Shook, N. J. (2018). Student Integration into STEM Careers and Culture: A Longitudinal Examination of Summer Faculty Mentors and Project Ownership. CBE-LIFE SCIENCES EDUCATION. 17(3), ar50-ar50.
- Hernandez, P. R., Woodcock, A., Estrada, M., & Schultz, P. W. (2018). Undergraduate Research Experiences Broaden Diversity in the Scientific Workforce. BioScience. 68(3), 204-211.
- De Miranda, M. A., Rambo-Hernandez, K. E., & Hernandez, P. R. (2016). Measuring student content knowledge, iSTEM, self efficacy, and engagement through a long-term engineering design intervention. 2012 ASEE ANNUAL CONFERENCE. 2016-June,