Dr. Griffin serves as a liason between industry, commodity groups, medical and dietary professionals and Extension personnel to provide research information and technology. His key program and interest areas include cutability and composition of carcasses associated with value-based marketing, current consumer issues concerning meat and meat products, youth development and cooperative research projects.
- Nickelson, K. J., Taylor, T. M., Griffin, D. B., Savell, J. W., Gehring, K. B., & Arnold, A. N. (2019). Assessment of Salmonella Prevalence in Lymph Nodes of U.S. and Mexican Cattle Presented for Slaughter in Texas. Journal of Food Protection. 82(2), 310-315.
- BELK, A. D., ARNOLD, A. N., SAWYER, J. E., GRIFFIN, D. B., TAYLOR, T. M., SAVELL, J. W., & GEHRING, K. B. (2018). Comparison of Salmonella Prevalence Rates in Bovine Lymph Nodes across Feeding Stages. Journal of Food Protection. 81(4), 549-553.
- Harris, M. K., Eastwood, L. C., Boykin, C. A., Arnold, A. N., Gehring, K. B., Hale, D. S., ... Stelzleni, A. M. (2018). National Beef Quality Audit – 2016: Assessment of cattle hide characteristics, offal condemnations, and carcass traits to determine the quality status of the market cow and bull beef industry. Translational Animal Science. 2(1), txx002--49.
- Bessire, B. C., Thomas, M., Gehring, K. B., Savell, J. W., Griffin, D. B., Taylor, T. M., ... Scaria, J. (2018). National survey of Salmonella prevalence in lymph nodes of sows and market hogs. Translational Animal Science. 2(4), txy072--371.
- Hasty, J. D., Pfeifer, M. M., Eastwood, L. C., Gredell, D. A., Gifford, C. L., Levey, J. R., ... Belk, K. E. (2017). National Beef Quality Audit-2016: Phase 1, Face-to-face interviews. Translational Animal Science. 1(3), 320-332.