Solid state chemists are playing a crucial role in shaping the future of chemistry through the synthesis of new materials with novel properties. We combine the traditional strengths of molecular chemists with those of materials scientists to study interesting materials while training versatile scientists.
- Ph.D. in , Cornell University - (Ithaca, New York, United States) 1983
- M.S. in , Cornell University - (Ithaca, New York, United States) 1980
- B.S. in , University of Washington - (Seattle, Washington, United States) 1977
- Escobedo-Cruz, F. V., & Hughbanks, T. (2018). New coordination networks containing trinuclear lanthanide complexes and hexacyanometallates. Dalton transactions (Cambridge, England : 2003). 47(19), 6831-6841.
- Escobedo-Cruz, F. V., & Hughbanks, T. (2018). Synthesis and characterization of a new cubic structure in the reduced zirconium iodide chemistry. INORGANICA CHIMICA ACTA-ARTICLES AND LETTERS. 469, 545-549.
- Kanatzidis, M. G., Poeppelmeier, K. R., Bobev, S., Guloy, A. M., Hwu, S. J., Lachgar, A., ... Seshadri, R. (2008). Report from the third workshop on future directions of solid-state chemistry: The status of solid-state chemistry and its impact in the physical sciences. PROGRESS IN SOLID STATE CHEMISTRY. 36(1-2), 1-133.
- Roy, L. E., & Hughbanks, T. (2007). Tight binding prediction of the α-Gd
2S 3magnetic structure. Journal of Solid State Chemistry. 180(3), 818-823.
- Roy, L. E., & Hughbanks, T. (2006). A tight-binding method for predicting magnetic ordering in Gd-containing solids: Application to GdB
2C 2. The journal of physical chemistry. B. 110(41), 20290-20296.
- Escobedo, F. V., & Hughbanks, T. R. (2014). Lanthanide cluster compounds and their potential as SMM: Synthesis, structure, and magnetic properties. ACS Photonics. 248,
- Chen, C., & Hughbanks, T. R. (2011). Reduced low dimensional rare earth compounds. ACS Photonics. 242,
- Roy, L. E., & Hughbanks, T. (2003). Rules for Understanding and Designing Novel Molecule-Based Rare-Earth Magnetic Compounds. AMORPHOUS AND NANOCRYSTALLINE SILICON SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY- 2004. 755, 25-30.
- Wang, C., Kim, J., & Hughbanks, T. (1997). Synthesis and structure of novel ternary manganese tellurides: MMnTe
2(M = Li, Na), Na 3Mn 4Te 6, and Na 3Mn 4.7Te 6. AMORPHOUS AND NANOCRYSTALLINE SILICON SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY- 2004. 453, 23-28.
- KERTESZ, M., & HUGHBANKS, T. R. (1995). LOW BANDGAP LADDER POLYMERS. SYNTHETIC METALS. 69(1-3), 699-700.
- Escobedo Cruz, Francisco Vidal (2016-08). Compounds Comprising Lanthanide Clusters and Their Potential as Molecular Magnets: Synthesis, Structure and Magnetic Properties. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Dempsey, Scotty Lee (2014-05). Synthesis, Structure and Characterization Of Polynuclear Rare Earth Alkoxide Clusters. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Chen, Chun-Yu (2014-05). Synthesis, Computations and Characterizations of Low Dimensional Rare-Earth Compounds. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Sweet, Lucas Edward (2008-12). Synthesis, structure and magnetic properties of lanthanide cluster compounds. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Guo, Yuyan (2006-12). Mixed ionic and electronic conducting electrode studies for an alkali metal thermal to electric converter. (Doctoral Dissertation)