Dr. Culp's interests are technology education, improving the comfort/energy efficiency of buildings, involving students in research, combining architecture with technology to achieve high performance buildings, measurement and verification, air flow technology and human comfort in building spaces.
- Liao, J., Xie, X., Nemer, H., Claridge, D. E., & Culp, C. H. (2019). A simplified methodology to optimize the cooling tower approach temperature control schedule in a cooling system. Energy Conversion and Management. 199, 111950-111950.
- Claridge, D. E., Culp, C., Liu, W., Pate, M., Haberl, J., Bynum, J., Tanskyi, O., & Schaff, F. (2019). A new approach for drying moist air: The ideal Claridge-Culp-Liu dehumidification process with membrane separation, vacuum compression and sub-atmospheric condensation. International Journal of Refrigeration. 101, 211-217.
- Dixit, M. K., Culp, C. H., Fernandez-Solis, J. L., & Lavy, S. (2016). Reducing carbon footprint of facilities using a facility management approach. Facilities. 34(3/4), 247-259.
- Nelson, I. C., Culp, C. H., Rimmer, J., & Tully, B (2016). The effect of thermal load configuration on the performance of passive chilled beams. Building and Environment. 96, 188-197.
- Rasmussen, B. P., Kreider, J. F., Claridge, D. E., & Culp, C. H. (2015). Heating, ventilating, and air conditioning control systems. Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy: Handbook, Second Edition. 565-620.
- (2017). Incorporatng form diversity into architectural design optmization. Disciplines and Disruption - Proceedings Catalog of the 37th Annual Conference of the Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture, ACADIA 2017. 640-649.
- Ugursal, A., Tassinary, L. G., Culp, C. H., & ASHRAE. (2014). Airflow Perception and Draught Rating for Varying Thermal Conditions. ASHRAE TRANSACTIONS 2014, VOL 120, PT 2. 120,
- Ugursal, A., Culp, C., & ASHRAE (2013). Gender Differences of Thermal Comfort Perception UnderTransient Environmental and Metabolic Conditions. ASHRAE TRANSACTIONS 2013, VOL 119, PT 2. 119(PART 2), 52-62.
- Ugursal, A., Culp, C. H., & ASHRAE (2012). An Empirical Thermal Comfort Model for Transient Metabolic Conditions. ASHRAE TRANSACTIONS 2012, VOL 118, PT 1. 118(PART 1), 742-750.
- Andolsun, S., & Culp, C. (2012). Occupancy based heating/cooling for low energy affordable housing in hot-humid climates. ASHRAE Transactions. 118(PART 1), 233-240.
- Texas A&M Architecture Professor Aims To Improve Residential Energy Efficiency Texas A&M Today November 23, 2020
- Shamberger To Lead Investigation On Novel Heat-Storage Materials Texas A&M Today July 10, 2020
- Claridge, D. E., & Culp, C. H. (2019). Systems and methods for multi-stage air dehumidification and cooling.
- Claridge, D., Culp, C., & Haberl, J. (2014). System and method for efficient air dehumidification and liquid recovery.
- Claridge, D., Culp, C., & Haberl, J. (2014). System and method for efficient air dehumidification and liquid recovery with evaporative cooling.
- Claridge, D., Culp, C., & Haberl, J. (2014). System and method for efficient multi-stage air dehumidification and liquid recovery.
- Claridge, D., & Culp, C. (2014). Systems and methods for multi-stage air dehumidification and cooling.
- Negandhi, Vanita K (2015-08). Modeling and Control of Passive Chilled Beams with Underfloor Air Distribution of Ventilation in Office Buildings in Humid Climates. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Kaneb, Charles Peckitt (2014-05). Coil Condensation Detection For Humidity Control. (Master's Thesis)
- Dixit, Manish Kumar (2013-12). Embodied Energy Calculation: Method and Guidelines for a Building and its Constituent Materials. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Yang, Ying (2013-08). A Study of Predicted Energy Savings and Sensitivity Analysis. (Master's Thesis)
- Andolsun, Simge (2013-08). Small Residence Multizone Modeling with Partial Conditioning for Energy Effieiency in Hot and Humid Climates. (Doctoral Dissertation)