My focus is maternal health disparities. I have explored protective factors against preterm birth in Mexican origin women, in particular, those with low levels of acculturation. One aspect that I am giving particular attention is religiosity/spirituality as a buffer against stress. I am using telomere length as a biomarker for stress.
I am also interested in perinatal mental health and community-level interventions to increase access.
- Ph.D. in Nursing, The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States) 2006
- M.S. in Nurse Midwifery, University of Colorado Denver - (Denver, Colorado, United States) 1994
- B.S. in Nursing, University of Kentucky - (Lexington, Kentucky, United States) 1987
- Wu, K., Alegria, R., Gonzalez, J., Hu, H., Wang, H., Page, R., ... Chen, L. (2021). Characteristics and Quality of Mobile Applications Containing Prenatal Genetic Testing Information: An Assessment (Preprint). JMIR mHealth and uHealth.
- Page, R. L., Murphey, C., Aras, Y., Chen, L., & Loftin, R. (2021). Pregnant Hispanic women's views and knowledge of prenatal genetic testing. Journal of Genetic Counseling. 30(3), 838-848.
- Young, C., Wang, H., Martinez, D., Chen, W., Page, R., Robbins-Furman, P., ... Chen, L. (2021). Rural, Low-Income, Pregnant Latina Women's Perspectives on Carrier Screening.. Obstetrics and Gynecology. 138(1), 106-107.
- Page, R. L., Han, G., Akinlotan, M., Patron, M. P., Gandhi, H., & Kochan, K. J. (2021). Telomere Length and Preterm Birth in Pregnant Mexican-Origin Women. Maternal and Child Health Journal. 1-8.
- Page, R. L., Montalvo‐Liendo, N., Nava, A., & Chilton, J. (2021). ‘Now My Eyes are Open’: Latina women’s experiences in long‐term support groups for intimate partner violence survivors. International Journal of Mental Health Nursing. 30(3), 715-723.
- Page, R. L., Murphey, C., Han, G., Chen, L., Loftin, R., Gandhi, H., & Aras, Y. (2021). FACTORS ASSOCIATED WITH UPTAKE OF PRENATAL GENETIC TESTING IN HISPANIC WOMEN: AN EXPLORATORY STUDY. Annals of Behavioral Medicine. 55, S219-S219.