My research focuses on reliability and security of electric power systems, theory and applications of system reliability, production costing, and power quality.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Saskatchewan - (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada) 1972
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, University of Saskatchewan - (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada) 1970
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering (Honors), PEC University of Technology - (Chandigarh, India) 1963
- Ding, Y. i., Shao, C., Hu, B. o., Bao, M., Niu, T., Xie, K., & Singh, C. (2021). Operational Reliability Assessment of Integrated Heat and Electricity Systems Considering the Load Uncertainties. 12(5), 3928-3939.
- Karngala, A. K., & Singh, C. (2021). Reliability Assessment Framework for the Distribution System Including Distributed Energy Resources. 12(3), 1539-1548.
- Balachandran, T., Manoharan, A., Aravinthan, V., & Singh, C. (2020). Component-Level Reliability Evaluation Model for Cyber Power Devices. 12(1), 692-703.
- AbuElrub, A., Al‐Masri, H., & Singh, C. (2020). Hybrid wind‐solar grid‐connected system planning using scenario aggregation method. 30(9),
- Wang, Y., Vittal, V., Khorsand, M., & Singh, C. (2020). Composite System Reliability Evaluation With Essential Reliability Services Assessment of Wind Power Integrated Power Systems. 7, 403-413.
- Singh, C. (1988). 493-1980 (Gold Book). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Angel, E. S. (1982). Fast Fourier transform and convolution algorithm. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Singh, C., & Billinton, R. (1977). System reliability, modelling and evaluation.
- Mitra, J., & Singh, C. (2017). Emergency Power Supply for Load Point Reliability. Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. 1-9. John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
- Samaan, N., & Singh, C. (2007). Reliability Assessment of Composite Power Systems Using Genetic Algorithms. Studies in Computational Intelligence. Levitin, G. (Eds.), Computational Intelligence in Reliability Engineering. 237-286. Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Singh, C., & Mitra, J. (1999). Emergency Power Supply. Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
- Urgun, D., & Singh, C. (2018). Power System Reliability Evaluation using Monte Carlo Simulation and Multi Label Classifier. 00, 1-6.
- Zhao, S., & Singh, C. (2018). Using Contingency Ranking Method in Reliability Evaluation of Line Switching Operation. 00, 1-5.
- Jia, H., Ding, Y. i., & Singh, C. (2018). Reliability Assessment of Power Systems Considering Flexible Demand Management. 00, 1-6.
- Heidarzadeh, A., Sprintson, A., & Singh, C. (2018). A Fast and Accurate Approximation Algorithm for Failure Frequency of Power Distribution Systems. 00, 1-6.
- Aravinthan, V., Balachandran, T., Ben-Idris, M., Fei, W., Heidari-Kapourchali, M., Hcttiarachchigc-Don, A., ... Tindemans, S. (2018). Reliability Modeling Considerations for Emerging Cyber-Physical Power Systems Prepared by Task Force on Reliability Consideration for Emerging Cyber-Physical Energy Systems under IEEE PES Reliability, Risk and Probability Applications Subcommittee. 00, 1-7.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Alismail, Fahad Saleh M (2016-12). A Distributionally Robust Optimization Approach for the Optimal Wind Farm Allocation in Multi-Area Power Systems. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Abu-Elrub, Ahmad Mohammad Amin (2016-12). Planning of a Hybrid Energy System Connected to a Distribution System. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Lei, Hangtian (2016-05). Reliability Modeling and Analysis of Cyber Enabled Electric Power Systems. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Samadi, Saeed (2013-12). Reliability Evaluation of Electric Power Generation Systems with Solar Power. (Master's Thesis)
- Kim, Hagkwen (2013-08). Reliability Modeling and Simulation of Composite Power Systems with Renewable Energy Resources and Storage. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Electrical Engineering; 3128 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3128