My research focuses on reliability and security of electric power systems, theory and applications of system reliability, production costing, and power quality.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Saskatchewan - (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada) 1972
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, University of Saskatchewan - (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada) 1970
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering (Honors), PEC University of Technology - (Chandigarh, India) 1963
- Razavi, S. E., Falaghi, H., Singh, C., Aghaei, J., & Nezhad, A. E. (2019). A novel linear framework for Phasor Measurement Unit placement considering the effect of adjacent zero-injection buses. MEASUREMENT. 133, 532-540.
- Zeng, B., Zhao, D., Singh, C., Wang, J., & Chen, C. (2019). Holistic modeling framework of demand response considering multi-timescale uncertainties for capacity value estimation. Applied Energy. 247, 692-702.
- Xiong, P., & Singh, C. (2018). A Distributional Interpretation of Uncertainty Sets in Unit Commitment under Uncertain Wind Power. IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy.
- Heidarzadeh, A., Sprintson, A., & Singh, C. (2018). A Fast and Accurate Failure Frequency Approximation for
-Terminal Reliability Systems. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON RELIABILITY. 67(3), 933-950. $k$
- Heidarzadeh, A., Sprintson, A., & Singh, C. (2018). A Fast and Accurate Failure Frequency Approximation for k-Terminal Reliability Systems. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON RELIABILITY. 67(3), 933-950.
- Singh, C. (1988). 493-1980 (Gold Book). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Dhillon, B. S., & Singh, C. (1982). Engineering reliability, new techniques and applications-. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Singh, C., & Billinton, R. (1977). System reliability, modelling and evaluation.
- Samaan, N., & Singh, C. (2007). Reliability assessment of composite power systems using genetic algorithms. BIOLOGICALLY INSPIRED SIGNAL PROCESSING FOR CHEMICAL SENSING. Levitin, G. (Eds.), Computational Intelligence in Reliability Engineering. (pp. 237-286). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Singh, C., & Mitra, J. (2001). Emergency Power Supply. Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. John Wiley %26 Sons, Inc..
- Heidarzadeh, A., Sprintson, A., & Singh, C. (2018). A fast and accurate approximation algorithm for failure frequency of power distribution systems.
- Borges, C., Aredes, M. A., & Singh, C. (2018). A probabilistic approach to the evaluation of energy availability of fixed and variable speed wind turbines. IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference Europe. 2018-January, 1-6.
- Singh, C., & Lei, H. (2018). Cyberfication and its impact on power grid reliability. Asia-Pacific Power and Energy Engineering Conference, APPEEC. 2017-November, 1-5.
- Urgun, D., & Singh, C. (2018). Power System Reliability Evaluation using Monte Carlo Simulation and Multi Label Classifier.
- Jia, H., Ding, Y., & Singh, C. (2018). Reliability Assessment of Power Systems Considering Flexible Demand Management. 2015 IEEE POWER & ENERGY SOCIETY GENERAL MEETING. 2018-August,
awards and honors
chaired theses and dissertations
- Alismail, Fahad Saleh M (2016-12). A Distributionally Robust Optimization Approach for the Optimal Wind Farm Allocation in Multi-Area Power Systems. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Abu-Elrub, Ahmad Mohammad Amin (2016-12). Planning of a Hybrid Energy System Connected to a Distribution System. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Lei, Hangtian (2016-05). Reliability Modeling and Analysis of Cyber Enabled Electric Power Systems. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Samadi, Saeed (2013-12). Reliability Evaluation of Electric Power Generation Systems with Solar Power. (Master's Thesis)
- Kim, Hagkwen (2013-08). Reliability Modeling and Simulation of Composite Power Systems with Renewable Energy Resources and Storage. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Electrical Engineering; 3128 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3128