My research focuses on reliability and security of electric power systems, theory and applications of system reliability, production costing, and power quality.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Saskatchewan - (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada) 1972
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, University of Saskatchewan - (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada) 1970
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering (Honors), PEC University of Technology - (Chandigarh, India) 1963
- AbuElrub, A., Al‐Masri, H., & Singh, C. (2020). Hybrid wind‐solar grid‐connected system planning using scenario aggregation method. International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems. 30(9),
- Balachandran, T., Manoharan, A., Aravinthan, V., & Singh, C. (2020). Component-Level Reliability Evaluation Model for Cyber Power Devices. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid. 12(1), 692-703.
- Wang, Y., Vittal, V., Khorsand, M., & Singh, C. (2020). Composite System Reliability Evaluation With Essential Reliability Services Assessment of Wind Power Integrated Power Systems. IEEE Open Access Journal of Power and Energy. 7, 403-413.
- Amarasinghe, P., Abeygunawardane, S. K., & Singh, C. (2020). Kernel Density Estimation Based Time-Dependent Approach for Analyzing the Impact of Increasing Renewables on Generation System Adequacy. IEEE Access. 8, 138661-138672.
- Zeng, B. o., Zhao, D., Singh, C., Wang, J., & Chen, C. (2019). Holistic modeling framework of demand response considering multi-timescale uncertainties for capacity value estimation. Applied Energy. 247, 692-702.
- Singh, C. (1988). 493-1980 (Gold Book). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Angel, E. S. (1982). Fast Fourier transform and convolution algorithm. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Singh, C., & Billinton, R. (1977). System reliability, modelling and evaluation.
- Mitra, J., & Singh, C. (2017). Emergency Power Supply for Load Point Reliability. Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. (pp. 1-9). John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
- Samaan, N., & Singh, C. (2007). Reliability Assessment of Composite Power Systems Using Genetic Algorithms. Studies in Computational Intelligence. Levitin, G. (Eds.), Computational Intelligence in Reliability Engineering. (pp. 237-286). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Singh, C., & Mitra, J. (1999). Emergency Power Supply. Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
- Urgun, D., & Singh, C. (2018). Power System Reliability Evaluation using Monte Carlo Simulation and Multi Label Classifier. 00, 1-6.
- Jia, H., Ding, Y. i., & Singh, C. (2018). Reliability Assessment of Power Systems Considering Flexible Demand Management. 2015 IEEE POWER & ENERGY SOCIETY GENERAL MEETING. 00, 1-6.
- Heidarzadeh, A., Sprintson, A., & Singh, C. (2018). A Fast and Accurate Approximation Algorithm for Failure Frequency of Power Distribution Systems. 00, 1-6.
- Aravinthan, V., Balachandran, T., Ben-Idris, M., Fei, W., Heidari-Kapourchali, M., Hcttiarachchigc-Don, A., ... Tindemans, S. (2018). Reliability Modeling Considerations for Emerging Cyber-Physical Power Systems Prepared by Task Force on Reliability Consideration for Emerging Cyber-Physical Energy Systems under IEEE PES Reliability, Risk and Probability Applications Subcommittee. 00, 1-7.
- Lei, H., Chen, B. o., Butler-Purry, K. L., & Singh, C. (2018). Security and Reliability Perspectives in Cyber-Physical Smart Grids. 00, 42-47.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Alismail, Fahad Saleh M (2016-12). A Distributionally Robust Optimization Approach for the Optimal Wind Farm Allocation in Multi-Area Power Systems. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Abu-Elrub, Ahmad Mohammad Amin (2016-12). Planning of a Hybrid Energy System Connected to a Distribution System. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Lei, Hangtian (2016-05). Reliability Modeling and Analysis of Cyber Enabled Electric Power Systems. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Samadi, Saeed (2013-12). Reliability Evaluation of Electric Power Generation Systems with Solar Power. (Master's Thesis)
- Kim, Hagkwen (2013-08). Reliability Modeling and Simulation of Composite Power Systems with Renewable Energy Resources and Storage. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Electrical Engineering; 3128 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3128