is an Assistant Professor of Rangel College of Pharmacy. Her research interest lies at the intersection of science, medicine and economics to assess clinical, economic and humanistic values of medical interventions and she conducts research on the costs and outcomes associated with pharmaceutical products.
She has conducted research using clinical trial data, real world data, large survey data and economic modeling to study cost-effectiveness of new interventions for cancer and neurological diseases. Since joining Texas A&M University as an assistant professor at the College of Pharmacy in 2015, she is conducting research in: evaluating utilization, costs and outcomes associated with medications and other health care services in patients with chronic diseases, health disparity, cost-effectiveness of new interventions, drug pricing and reimbursement.
She holds a Ph.D in Pharmacology and an M.A. in Economics from Duke University. She completed her post-doctoral fellowship training in Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes research from University of California, San Francisco. She has conducted research in academic, international organization and industry settings.
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology, Duke University - (Durham, North Carolina, United States) 2011
- M.A. in Economics, Duke University - (Durham, North Carolina, United States) 2010
- B.S. in Biological Sciences, Peking University - (Beijing, Beijing, China) 2003
- Weng, X., Luo, S., Lin, S., Zhong, L., Li, M., Xin, R., Huang, P., & Xu, X. (2020). Cost‐Utility Analysis of Pembrolizumab Versus Chemotherapy as First-Line Treatment for Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer With Different PD-L1 Expression Levels. Oncology Research Featuring Preclinical and Clinical Cancer Therapeutics. 28(2), 117-125.
- Zhong, L., Pope, M., Shen, Y. e., Hernandez, J. J., & Wu, L. (2019). Prevalence and incidence of systemic sclerosis: A systematic review and meta‐analysis. International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases. 22(12), 2096-2107.
- Tang, J., Zhong, L., Paoli, C., Paciorek, A., Carroll, P., & Wilson, L. (2019). Longitudinal Comparison of Patient-Level Outcomes and Costs Across Prostate Cancer Treatments With Urinary Problems.. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF MENS HEALTH. 13(2), 1557988319835326-155798831983532.
- Wu, L., & Zhong, L. (2019). Budget impact analysis of niraparib and olaparib for maintenance treatment of platinum-sensitive, recurrent ovarian cancer in the US. Journal of Medical Economics. 22(2), 187-195.
- Zhong, L., Tran, A. T., Tomasino, T., Nugent, E., & Smith, J. A. (2018). Cost-Effectiveness of Niraparib and Olaparib as Maintenance Therapy for Patients with Platinum-Sensitive Recurrent Ovarian Cancer. Journal of Managed Care and Specialty Pharmacy. 24(12), 1219-1228.
- Wu, L., & Zhong, L. (2018). BUDGET IMPACT ANALYSIS OF NIRAPARIB AND OLAPARUB AS MAINTENANCE THERAPY FOR PLATINUM SENSITIVE, RECURRENT OVARIAN CANCER IN THE US. Value in Health. 21, S22-S22.
- Zhong, L., Tran, A. T., Tomasino, T., Smith, J. A., & Nugent, E. K. (2018). COST-EFFECTIVENESS OF NIRAPARIB AND OLAPARIB AS MAINTENANCE THERAPY FOR PATIENTS WITH PLATINUM SENSITIVE < RECURRENT OVARIAN CANCER. Value in Health. 21, S29-S29.
- Zhong, L., Pope, M., & Wu, L. (2017). EPIDEMIOLOGY AND ECONOMIC BURDEN OF SYSTEMIC SCLEROSIS - A SYSTEMATIC REVIEW. Value in Health. 20(5), A217-A217.
- Zhong, L., Douglas, C., Hutchison, R., & Potter, D. (2016). UTILIZATION PATTERN OF PRESCRIPTION PAIN MEDICATION AMONG ADULTS WITH DIABETES MELLITUS. Value in Health. 19(3), A204-A204.