education and training
- Ph.D. in Aquatic Ecotoxicology, Brunel University London - (Uxbridge, England, United Kingdom) 2007
- M.S. in Aquatic Ecotoxicology, Plymouth University - (Plymouth, Plymouth, United Kingdom) 2002
- B.S. in Marine Biology and Oceanography, Bangor University - (Bangor, Gwynedd, United Kingdom) 2001
- Faulkner, P. C., Hala, D., Rahman, S., & Petersen, L. H. (2019). Short-term exposure to 12‰ brackish water has significant effects on the endocrine physiology of juvenile American alligator (Alligator mississippiensis). Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part A Molecular & Integrative Physiology. 236, 110531-110531.
- Cullen, J. A., Marshall, C. D., & Hala, D. (2019). Integration of multi-tissue PAH and PCB burdens with biomarker activity in three coastal shark species from the northwestern Gulf of Mexico. Science of The Total Environment. 650(Pt 1), 1158-1172.
- Bacosa, H. P., Kamalanathan, M., Chiu, M., Tsai, S., Sun, L., Labonté, J. M., ... Quigg, A. (2018). Extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) producing and oil degrading bacteria isolated from the northern Gulf of Mexico. PLoS ONE. 13(12), e0208406-e0208406.
- Hala, D., Cullen, J. A., Hernout, B., & Ivanov, I. (2018). In silico predicted transcriptional regulatory control of steroidogenesis in spawning female fathead minnows (Pimephales promelas). JOURNAL OF THEORETICAL BIOLOGY. 455, 179-190.
- Hala, D. (2017). In silico predicted reproductive endocrine transcriptional regulatory networks during zebrafish (Danio rerio) development. JOURNAL OF THEORETICAL BIOLOGY. 417, 51-60.