My research focuses on heavy oil and oil shale recovery with enhance oil recovery methods, diagnostic studies on reservoir rock and fluids, and produced water management.
education and training
- Stanford University - (Stanford, California, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2010
- Ph.D. in Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering, Middle East Technical University - (Ankara, Ankara, Turkey) 2008
- M.S. in Environmental Technology, Dokuz Eylul University - (Izmir, Turkey) 2003
- B.S. in Environmental Engineering, Dokuz Eylul University - (Izmir, Turkey) 2001
- Ismail, N. B., & Hascakir, B. (2020). Impact of asphaltenes and clay interaction on in-situ combustion performance. Fuel. 268, 117358-117358.
- Morte, M., & Hascakir, B. (2019). Characterization of complex permittivity for consolidated core samples by utilization of mixing rules. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. 181, 106178-106178.
- Morte, M., Dean, J., Kitajima, H., & Hascakir, B. (2019). Increasing the Penetration Depth of Microwave Radiation Using Acoustic Stress to Trigger Piezoelectricity. Energy and Fuels. 33(7), 6327-6334.
- Hascakir, B. (2018). Introduction to Thermal Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) special issue. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. 171, 1292-1293.
- Banerjee, S., & Hascakir, B. (2018). Flow control devices in SAGD completion design: Enhanced heavy oil/ bitumen recovery through improved thermal efficiency. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. 169, 297-308.
- Hascakir, B. (2017). Carbon dioxide storage in heavy oil reservoirs. ACS Photonics. 253,
- Kar, T., Ovalles, C., Benson, I., & Hascakir, B. (2017). Propane-Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (propane-SAGD) as a follow-up process to SAGD. ACS Photonics. 253,
- Hascakir, B. (2017). Reservoir rock-asphaltenes interaction impacts asphaltenes stability. ACS Photonics. 253,
- Prakoso, A. A., Punase, A. D., & Hascakir, B. (2017). A Mechanistic Understanding of Asphaltenes Precipitation From Varying-Saturate-Concentration Perspectives. SPE Production & Operations. 32(01), 086-098.
- Ali, M., & Hascakir, B. (2017). Water/Rock Interaction for Eagle Ford, Marcellus, Green River, and Barnett Shale Samples and Implications for Hydraulic-Fracturing-Fluid Engineering. SPE Journal. 22(1), 162-171.
awards and honors
chaired theses and dissertations
- Ng, Alwin Zhen Yang (2018-08). Feasibility Of Environmentally Friendly Solvent in Bitumen Recovery Through Solvent-Steam Processes. (Master's Thesis)
- Morte, Matthew K (2016-12). Relative Permeability Determination for Steam Injection Processes: An Analytical Approach. (Master's Thesis)
- Banerjee, Sudiptya (2016-12). Flow Control Devices in SAGD Completion Design: Enhanced Heavy Oil/Bitumen Recovery Through Improved Thermal Efficiencies. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Stape, Philip (2016-05). Performance Evaluation of Solvent Assisted-Steam Injection Processes with Asphaltene Insoluble Solvents. (Master's Thesis)
- Prakoso, Andreas Adi (2016-05). Physicochemical Characterization of Asphaltenes. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Petroleum Engineering; 3116 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3116