education and training
- Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction, Specialty in Mathematics and Science Education, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1997
- M.S. in Zoology, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1991
- B.S. in Secondary Education, Howard Payne University - (Brownwood, Texas, United States) 1989
- Walters, L. M., Green, M. R., Goldsby, D., & Parker, D. (2018). Digital Storytelling as a Problem-Solving Strategy in Mathematics Teacher Education: How Making a Math-eo Engages and Excites 21st Century Students. International Journal of Technology in Education and Science. 2(1), 1-16.
- Palmer, D. J., Sadiq, H. M., Lynch, P., Parker, D., Viruru, R., Knight, S., ... Al-Kubaisi, H. (2016). A classroom observational study of Qatar's independent schools: Instruction and school reform. The Journal of Educational Research. 109(4), 1-11.
- Knight, S. L., Parker, D., Zimmerman, W., & Ikhlief, A. (2014). Relationship between perceived and observed student-centred learning environments in Qatari elementary mathematics and science classrooms. Learning Environments Research. 17(1), 29-47.
- Capraro, R. M., Capraro, M. M., Parker, D., Kulm, G., & Raulerson, T. (2005). The Mathematics Content Knowledge Role in Developing Preservice Teachers' Pedagogical Content Knowledge. Journal of Research in Childhood Education. 20(2), 102-118.
- Alexander, P. A., Murphy, P. K., Woods, B. S., Duhon, K. E., & Parker, D. (1997). College Instruction and Concomitant Changes in Students’ Knowledge, Interest, and Strategy Use: A Study of Domain Learning. Contemporary Educational Psychology. 22(2), 125-146.
- Knight, S., Ikhlef, A., Parker, D., Joshi, M., Eslami, Z., Saddiq, H. M., Al-Ahraf, M., & Al-Saai, A. (2011). Investigation of math and science teaching and learning in Qatari independent elementary schools.. Gitsaki, C. (Eds.), Teaching and Learning in the Arab World. (pp. 249-274). Peter Lang Publishers.
- Christensen, R. M., Parker, D., & Knezek, G. (2005). Advances in Preservice Educator Competence and confidence in Technology Intergration: Comparative Findings from Two PT3 Projects. Rhine, S., & Bailey, M. (Eds.), Integrated Technologies, Innovative Learning: Insights from the PT3 Program. (pp. 187-198). ISTE Publications.
- Parker, D. (1998). Guideline: Collaborative Programs. Stuessy, C. L., & Thomas, J. A. (Eds.), Elementary Teachers Do Science: Guidelines For Teacher Preparation Programs. (pp. 19-33). ERIC Clearinghouse.
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Teaching, Learning And Culture (Tlac); 4232 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4232